Business Tax Information
THE TOWN OF LADY LAKE ISSUES LOCAL BUSINESS TAX RECEIPTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH CHAPTER 205 OF THE FLORIDA STATE STATUTES, AND LADY LAKE ORDINANCE #95-08. ALL BUSINESSES OPERATING WITHIN THE TOWN OF LADY LAKE MUST OBTAIN A BUSINESS TAX RECEIPT BEFORE OPENING. IF YOU OPEN BEFORE YOUR RECEIPT IS ISSUED, YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO AN ADDITIONAL PENALTY.
Business Tax Year is from October 1 through September 30. Tax fees are prorated after April 1 for a half-year fee.
ALL BUSINESSES IN LADY LAKE MUST RETAIN A CURRENT BUSINESS TAX RECEIPT
- A Lake County Business Tax Receipt must be issued before the Town can issue you a Business Tax Receipt.
- Your Business Tax Receipt cannot be issued the same day that you apply. It takes approximately 2 to 3 days to process the Business Tax Receipt.
- Businesses, which require a State License or Health Dept. approval, will have to
provide copies of those approvals prior to the issuance of a tax receipt.
- Federal ID #, if applicable, must be provided(please do not provide social security #)
- A form of valid identification of the applicant (such as Driver’s License) must be provided.
- If you have any question regarding zoning and whether your type of business would be allowed in a particular district, please call the number below.
Lady Lake Zoning Department – 352-751-1511
- If you plan to place a sign on the property or modify an existing sign you must obtain a sign permit application and return it to the Lady Lake Building Department.
For any questions regarding Business Tax Receipt, please contact the Clerk’s Office at (352) 751-1501 during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Copyright 2010 Lady Lake. All rights reserved.
Design and hosting by PowerOne