Commission Meeting Agenda Item
Lake Ella Estates Subdivision — Preliminary Plat Plan — Lake Ella LLC — Proposing 230 Single Family Residential Lots on a 67.47-Acre Vacant Parcel Zoned RS-6, Located on the North Side of Lake Ella Road Approximately Three Quarters of a Mile East of Rolling Acres Road and Approximately One Mile West of South Highway 27/441, Identified by Alternate Keys 1283159 and 3462858
Staff Recommended Motion
Staff recommends approval of the Lake Ella Estates Preliminary Plat Plan.
Don Hughey of Askey Hughey, Inc. has submitted an application for approval and Preliminary Subdivision Plat Plans on behalf of property owner Lake Ella, LLC for a project titled Lake Ella Estates Subdivision. Other supplementary documentation includes a Warranty Deed, Concurrency Determination Form, survey, Lake County Schools Concurrency Capacity Reservation, and the Declaration of Covenants, Restrictions, and Easements.
The Lake Ella Estates Subdivision proposes the construction of 230 single-family residences located on approximately 67.47 acres on the north side of Lake Ella Road approximately three quarters of a mile east of Rolling Acres Road and approximately one mile west of South Highway 27/441; identified by Alternate Keys 1283159 and 3462858.
The Preliminary Plat Plan was reviewed to determine if it complies with the Land Development Regulations (LDRs). The following items are included in the packet:
- Preliminary Plat Plan Review completed by the Town’s Engineer dated December 31, 2018.
- Preliminary Plat Plan Review completed by the Town’s Building Official, dated January 2, 2019.
- Preliminary Plat Plan Review completed by Town’s Fire Inspector, dated December 18, 2018.
- Preliminary Plat Plan Review completed by the Growth Management Department, dated December 17, 2018.
- Preliminary Plat Plan Review completed by Lake County Public Works Department, dated December 17, 2019.
- Preliminary Plat Plan Review completed by Lady Lake Public Works Department, dated January 1, 2019.
- Preliminary Plat Plan Review completed by Lake-Sumter Metropolitan Planning Organization, dated October 1, 2018.
- Preliminary Plat Plan Review and School Capacity Reservation completed by the Lake County School Board dated February 6, 2019.
The property Future Land Use designation is Single Family Medium Density (SF-MD). The Zoning designation is “RS-6” (Single Family Medium Density), allowing up to six dwelling units per acre on the 67.47-acre parcel; which is in compliance with the proposal.
The Preliminary Plan meets the design requirements of the Town of Lady Lake Land Development Regulations, Chapter 8 – Subdivision and Plats, and adheres to the requirements of the Comprehensive Plan of the Town of Lady Lake. The preliminary plat plans, consisting of nine sheets, are drawn on 24”x36” pages and have been certified by Don Hughey, Professional Engineer with Askey Hughey, Inc,. dated December 13, 2018.
Preliminary Plat Plan Approval does not permit the construction of any improvements. The applicant must continue the process via the submittal and approval of an Improvement Plat Plan application. All regulatory agency permits must be submitted to the Town prior to commencing site work.
A Water, Sewer and Reuse Agreement will have to be amended between Town of Lady Lake and the Property Owner/Developer requesting additional utility capacity allocated to service the Lake Ella Estate Subdivision.
The Technical Review Committee (TRC) members individually reviewed the application on Wednesday, January 2, 2019, finding the application complete and ready to move forward to the Planning and Zoning Board.
At the February 11, 2019 meeting, the Planning and Zoning Board voted 3-0 to forward Lake Ella Estates —Preliminary Plat Plan — to the Town Commission with the recommendation of approval.