Commission Meeting Agenda
Regular Commission Meeting Agenda,
December 17, 2018, 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
By Reverend Jerry Montgomery of the Immanuel Baptist Church
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
E. Public Comments [i]
F. Consent [ii]
G. Old Business
H. New Business
I. Town Attorney's Report
3. Ordinance 2018-47 (Second and Final Reading) — An Ordinance of the Town of Lady Lake, Lake County, Florida, Adopting Corrections, Updates and Modifications to the Capital Improvements Schedule of the Town of Lady Lake Comprehensive Plan (Thad Carroll)
4. Ordinance 2018-48 (First Reading tabled from 11/19/18) — This item will be tabled per the Developer’s request to a date certain, being Wednesday, January 23, 2019. — An Ordinance Granting a Special Exception Use to Incorporate the Convenience Store with Fuel Operations Land Use within the Heavy Commercial (HC) Zoning District on Approximately 1.405 Acres Located at the Northwest Corner of the Intersection of Hwy 466 and Rolling Acres Road, Referenced by Alternate Key 1770611 (Thad Carroll)
5. Resolution 2018-112 (First and Final Reading — tabled from 12/3/18) — ERojas Investment Properties, LLC — Variance Pursuant to Chapter 15, Article II, Section 15-52.) a).2).C). — Requesting a Driveway Distance Setback of 25 Feet from the Intersection of South Highway 27/441 and Orange Street for the Casa Montessori Phase II Site Located at 309 Orange Street (Identified by Alternate Key 2669241) (Thad Carroll)
6. Resolution 2018-113 (First and Final Reading) — Authorizing the Town Manager to Execute the Agreement with Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) to Utilize Their Project Engineer for Utility Conflict Resolution Engineering and Design (Federal Project ID #3994-040-P; Financial Project ID #238395-5-32-01) (C.T. Eagle)
7. Resolution 2018-114 (First and Final Reading) — Authorizing the Town Manager to Execute the Agreement with Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) to Utilize Their Project Contractor for Utility Conflict Resolution Work Construction(Federal Project ID #3994-040-P; Financial Project ID #238395-5-56-01) (C.T. Eagle)
J. Town Manager's Report
8. Consideration of an Appointment to the Library Advisory Board (Kris Kollgaard)
9. Consideration to Cancel the First Commission Meeting in January (January 7, 2019) (Kris Kollgaard)
10. Consideration to Hold the Second Commission Meeting on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 due to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday on Monday, January 21, 2019 (Kris Kollgaard)
K. Mayor's and Commissioner's Report
L. Public Comments [i]
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501.
This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105)
One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.
[i] This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
[ii] All items listed under consent are considered routine by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.