Commission Meeting Agenda
Regular Commission Meeting Agenda,
May 20, 2019, 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
By Pastor Lynn Miller of the North Lake Presbyterian Church
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
E. Public Comments [i]
1. Proclaiming May 24th and May 25th as “Poppy Days” in Lady Lake (Mayor Richards and Carolee McReynolds of the American Legion Auxiliary Unit 347)
G. Consent [ii]
2. Minutes — May 6, 2019 — Special Commission Meeting
3. Minutes — May 6, 2019 — Commission Meeting
4. Consideration of the Lake County Supervisor of Election’s Request to Use the Lady Lake Library as a Polling Place for the General Election on November 5, 2019 (Kris Kollgaard)
5. Consideration of Moving Funds from Budgeted Other Government Service (OGS) Contingency Fund to OGS Capital Items for the Replacement of One Air Conditioning (AC) Unit at Town Hall (Pam Winegardner)
6. Consideration of Application for the 2018 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG C and D) (Robert Tempesta)
7. Consideration of Approval of the Appointment of Three Members and Two Alternate Members to the Disciplinary Arbitration Panel; to Include Recommended Terms for These Appointments (Maureen Gochee)
H. Old Business
I. New Business
8. Consideration of Casa Montessori Phase II — Major Modification to Site Plan — MJM 07/17-001 — A Project Proposing a Second One-Story 3000-Square Foot Private School and After-School Day Care Building with 11 New Parking Spaces on the Casa Montessori Site Located at 309 Orange Street (Alternate Keys 2669241 and 1121485) (Thad Carroll)
9. Consideration of Wastewater Treatment Plant Decommissioning for Water Oaks - Major Modification to Site Plan MJM 03/19-001 — Proposing to Decommission the Wastewater Treatment Plant for Water Oak Country Club Estates Located at 106 Evergreen Lane after Sewer Connection Conversion into Town Utility System is Complete and Accepted (Alternate Key 3538951) (Thad Carroll)
J. Town Attorney's Report
K. Town Manager's Report
L. Mayor's and Commissioner's Report
M. Public Comments [i]
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1571.
This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105)
One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.