Special Commission Meeting Agenda
Special Commission Meeting Agenda,
September 18, 2019, 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
By Reverend Kerry Edwards of the Lady Lake United Methodist Church
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
E. Public Comments [i]
F. Public Hearing
G. Consent [ii]
3. Minutes — September 4, 2019 — Special Commission Meeting
4. Consideration of Fiscal Year 2020 World Risk Management and Public Risk Management Renewal Proposal (Maureen Gochee)
5. Consideration to Approve the Contract Extension with Kerry Barnett Fire Safety Consulting, LLC, for the Provision of Fire Inspection Services and Fire Plan Review Services (Thad Carroll)
6. Consideration of Approval of the Second Amendment and Extension of the Professional Services Agreement between the Town of Lady Lake and M.T. Causley, LLC for Building Inspection and Plan Review Services (Thad Carroll)
7. Consideration of Approval of the Contract with Lassiter Transportation Group (LTG) to Prepare the State-Required Evaluation and Appraisal Report on Behalf of the Town of Lady Lake (Thad Carroll)
H. Old Business
I. New Business
J. Town Attorney's Report
9. Ordinance 2019-11 (Second and Final Reading) — An Ordinance Annexing One Lot Being Approximately 0.14 Acre, Located within Orange Blossom Gardens Unit 3.1B, Owned by John H. and Judy B. Osgood, Trustees, Referenced by Alternate Key Number 2523212 (Thad Carroll)
10. Ordinance 2019-12 (Second and Final Reading) — An Ordinance Amending the Lady Lake Future Land Use Comprehensive Plan of One Lot Being Approximately 0.14 Acre, Located in Orange Blossom Gardens Unit 3.1B, Owned by John H. and Judy B. Osgood, Trustees, Referenced by Alternate Key Number 2523212 (Thad Carroll)
11. Ordinance 2019-13 (Second and Final Reading) — An Ordinance Rezoning One Lot Being Approximately 0.14 Acre, Located in Orange Blossom Gardens Unit 3.1B, Owned by John H. and Judy B. Osgood, Trustees, Referenced by Alternate Key Number 2523212 (Thad Carroll)
12. Ordinance 2019-15 (Second and Final Reading) — An Ordinance Amending the Town of Lady Lake Land Development Regulations (Ordinance 94-08); Repealing Chapter 1, Article III, Section 1-86; Providing for the Abolishment of the Economic Development Advisory Committee (Thad Carroll)
13. Ordinance 2019-16 (First Reading) — An Ordinance of the Town of Lady Lake, Lake County, Florida; Providing for a Text Amendment to the Town of Lady Lake Land Development Regulations (Ordinance 94-08) Chapter 5, Section 5-4, “Zoning District Uses”; Amending the Minimum Setback Requirements and Providing an Exemption for Accessory Structures Incidental to Agricultural Activities (Thad Carroll)
14. Resolution 2019-108 (First and Final Reading —Tabled from the September 4, 2019 Commission Meeting at the Request of the Applicant) — A Resolution Granting a Variance from the Provisions of Chapter 17). 17-4). b).2)., of the Town of Lady Lake Land Development Regulations Which Restricts Wall Sign Copy Area to Not Exceed 200 Square Feet or 20 Percent of the Façade; Whichever is Greater, for the Earth Fare Retail Space Located within the Earth Fare Commons of Lady Lake Shopping Center, Addressed as 655 North Highway 27/441, Referenced by Alternate Key Number 3305451 (Thad Carroll)
K. Town Manager's Report
15. Discussion Regarding County Road 466 Median (Kris Kollgaard)
L. Mayor's and Commissioner's Report
M. Public Comments [i]
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501.
This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105)
One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.