Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda,
October 7, 2019, 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
By Dr. Paul Harsh of the First Baptist Church of Lady Lake
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
E. Public Comments [i]
F. Presentation (Mayor Richards)
G. Consent [ii]
4. Consideration of Approval of the Agreement between the Town of Lady Lake (TOLL) and the Florida Police Benevolent Association(PBA) for the Period of October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2022 (Maureen Gochee)
H. Old Business
I. New Business
6. Consideration for the Villages RV Storage — New Major Site Plan MJSP 01/19-001 — Proposing a 152-Unit RV Storage Site Featuring 19 Parking Spaces on an 8.38-Acre Parcel Located along South Highway 27/441, Just South of the Lady Lake Auto Salvage Site, Identified by Alternate Key 1015049 (Thad Carroll)
7. Consideration for La Plaza Grande North — Postal Building — New Major Site Plan MSJP 08/19-001 — Proposing a 5,008-Square-Foot Postal Building and 14 Parking Spaces to be Constructed along La Grande Blvd. and Griffin Avenue, to be Addressed as 1 La Grande Blvd., Identified by Alternate Key 2814365 (Thad Carroll)
8. Discussion — Request by Charter Review Committee Chairperson for Input from Commissioners Regarding the Charter (Bob Nyce)
J. Town Attorney's Report
9. Ordinance 2019-16 (First Reading — Tabled from September 18, 2019) — An Ordinance of the Town of Lady Lake, Lake County, Florida; Providing for a Text Amendment to the Town of Lady Lake Land Development Regulations (Ordinance 94-08) Chapter 5, Section 5-4, “Zoning District Uses”; Amending the Minimum Setback Requirements and Providing an Exemption for Accessory Structures Incidental to Agricultural Activities (Thad Carroll)
10. Resolution 2019-113 (First and Final Reading) — Villages RV Storage — Discount Mini Storage of Lady Lake, LLC. — Variance Request to Authorize the Removal of a 36-Inch Historic Live Oak Tree to Accommodate the Construction of a Proposed RV Storage Facility at 650 South Highway 27/441 (Alternate Key 1015049) (Thad Carroll)
K. Town Manager's Report
11. Consideration of Approval to Authorize the Town Manager to Sign and Send the Letter of Acceptance of the Official Estimate to Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) as Required by the Previously Approved Utility Work by Highway Contractor Agreement (UWHC) for the SR500 - US 27/441 Road Widening Project (Financial Project ID #238395-5-56-01) (Kris Kollgaard, C.T. Eagle, and John Pearl)
L. Mayor's and Commissioner's Report
M. Public Comments [i]
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501.
This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105)
One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.