Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda,
April 6, 2020, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
This Commission meeting is being held via an online streaming service in order to inhibit the spread of the COVID-19 virus in conformance with Governor’s Executive Order #20-69 issued March 20,2020. Town Commissioners participating will do so via teleconference.
Comments and questions for Public Comment may be emailed to [email protected], mailed to 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake, FL 32159, or phoned in to 352-751-1501. Any questions or comments received prior to 4 p.m. on the date of the meeting will be addressed during the meeting. A video/audio screen will be provided in the Commission Chambers of Town Hall during the meeting and social distancing of any attendees will be enforced.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
Moment of Silence
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
E. Public Comments [i]
G. Consent [ii]
2. Minutes — March 2, 2020 — Special (Conceptual) Commission Meeting
3. Minutes — March 2, 2020 — Commission Meeting
4. Consideration of the 2020 Concurrency Report (Thad Carroll)
5. Conveyance of Sewer Infrastructure from Sun Communities Finance LP for Improvements Constructed within Water Oaks Country Club Estates, Located at the Intersection of Highway 27/441 and County Road 25, Addressed as 106 Evergreen (Alternate Key 3538951) (Thad Carroll)
H. Old Business
I. New Business
J. Town Attorney’s Report
6. Ordinance 2020-01 (Second and Final Reading) — An Ordinance Amending Ordinance 2016-17, Pertaining to the Town of Lady Lake Land Development Regulations Chapter 17 — Sign Regulations; Amending Sections 17-1 — Purpose And Intent, 17-2 — Permitting Requirements, 17.3 — General Requirements, 17-4 — Permanent Signs, 17-5 — Temporary Uses And Special Event Signs, and 17.7 — Prohibited Signs (Thad Carroll)
7. Ordinance 2020-02 (Second and Final Reading) — Renewing Franchise Agreement with Duke Energy (Pam Winegardner)
8. Resolution 2020-101 — (First and Final Reading ) Declaration of Local State of Emergency (Kris Kollgaard)
K. Town Manager’s Report
9. Consideration of Two Reappointments to the Police Pension Board (Kris Kollgaard)
10. Consideration of Three Reappointments to the Town of Lady Lake Library Board (Kris Kollgaard)
L. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
M. Public Comments [i]
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.