Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda,
July 6, 2020, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
By Reverend Dr. Paul Harsh of the First Baptist Church of Lady Lake
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
E. Public Comments [i]
F. Consent [ii]
1. Minutes — June 15, 2020 — Commission Workshop Meeting
2. Minutes — June 15, 2020 — Regular Commission Meeting
3. Consideration of Approval to Move $1,649.99 from the Parks and Recreation Equipment Line Item 001-7201-572-64-10 to General Operating Line Item 001-7201-572-52-10 to Purchase a New Rotary Tiller for the Baseball Fields (Mike Burske)
4. Consideration of Approval for the Lady Lake Parks and Recreation Department to Invest $3,565.00 for a New Viking L3 Commercial Slide Gate Opener at the Parks and Recreation Building (Mike Burske)
G. Old Business
H. New Business
5. Consideration of Approval to Waive the $500.00 Seasonal Payment for Both the Little League and The Lady Lake Soccer Association for the Fall Season (Mike Burske)
6. Consideration of Approval for the Lady Lake Area Chamber of Commerce and the Lady Lake Parks and Recreation Department to Form a Partnership to Program and Run the Lady Lake Art-in-the-Park this Spring (Mike Burske)
7. Presentation of Well #4 Siting Evaluation Study Findings by Mittauer and Associates, Inc. (C.T. Eagle/Jason Shepler)
8. Presentation of Wastewater Treatment Plant Reliability Study Findings by Mittauer and Associates, Inc. (C.T. Eagle/Jason Shepler)
9. Consideration to Purchase Motorola Spillman Software for the Police Department (Robert Tempesta)
10. Discussion Regarding Drafting an Ordinance to Limit All New Buildings to Two Stories (Commissioner Holden)
I. Town Attorney’s Report
11. Ordinance 2020-03 (Second and Final Reading) — An Ordinance of the Town Commission of the Town of Lady Lake, Florida, Amending Chapter 13 of the Town of Lady Lake Code of Ordinances Providing for the Setting of Water, Wastewater and Reclaimed Water Impact Fee Rates (C.T. Eagle/Pam Winegardner)
12. Ordinance 2020-04 (First Reading) — An Ordinance Amending the Permitted Uses for Certain Property Being Approximately 40.44 Acres Owned by Elijah Bailey, Jr., Zoned Planned Unit Development (PUD), Alternate Key Numbers 1282594, 1282608, 3793911 and 3374916, Located North of Lake Ella Road and West of Highway 27/441 within the Town Limits of Lady Lake in Lake County, FL (Thad Carroll)
J. Town Manager’s Report
K. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
L. Public Comments [i]
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.