Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda,
August 17, 2020, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Please note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the wearing of masks is requested, and seating may be limited as social distancing of any attendees will be required.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
By Pastor Jim McNaull of North Lake Presbyterian Church
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
E. Public Comments [i]
F. Consent [ii]
1. Minutes — August 3, 2020 — Regular Commission Meeting
2. Consideration of Approval of the Fiscal Year 2020—2021 Holiday Schedule (Maureen Gochee)
3. Consideration to Approve the Renewal Contract with Kerry Barnett Fire Safety Consulting, LLC, for the Provision of Fire Inspection Services and Fire Plan Review Services (Thad Carroll)
4. Consideration to Approve the Renewal of the Professional Services Agreement between the Town of Lady Lake and M.T. Causley, LLC for Building Inspection and Plan Review Services (Thad Carroll)
5. Consideration of Purchase of Grasshopper Mower Utilizing Saved Budgeted Departmental Funds (C.T. Eagle)
6. Consideration of Purchase of ¾ Ton Truck Utilizing Saved Budgeted Departmental Funds (C.T. Eagle)
7. Consideration of Purchase of GPS Collector Unit Utilizing Saved Budgeted Departmental Funds (C.T. Eagle)
8. Consideration of Purchase of ½ Ton Truck Utilizing Saved Budgeted Departmental Funds (C.T. Eagle)
G. Old Business
H. New Business
I. Town Attorney’s Report
J. Town Manager’s Report
K. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
L. Public Comments [i]
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.