Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, September 9, 2020, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Please note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the wearing of masks is requested, and seating may be limited as social distancing of any attendees will be required.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
By Pastor Keith Johnson of the Chapel of Christian Faith
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
E. Public Comments [i]
F. Public Hearing
G. Consent [ii]
3. Minutes — August 17, 2020 — Special (Conceptual) Commission Meeting
4. Minutes — August 17, 2020 — Commission Meeting
5. Consideration to Approve the Contract with the Hunt Law Firm, P.A. , Designating Joshua E. Bills, Esquire, as the Special Magistrate for Code Enforcement Hearings of the Town of Lady Lake (Thad Carroll)
H. Old Business
I. New Business
7. Consideration of the Water Oak Golf Course Club House and Dog Park Site Improvements – Major Modification to Ste Plan MJM 01/20-001 — Proposing Approximately 9,250 Square Feet of a Fenced Dog Park, 700-Square-Foot Covered Pavilion, Paved Golf Cart Area, Paved Driveway, 6-Foot Connecting Sidewalk and Dog Wash With Drinking Water Facility (Alternate Key 3538951) (Thad Carroll)
8. Consideration of Approval to Purchase Replacement Audio and Video Systems for Chambers (John Pearl)
J. Town Attorney’s Report
9. Ordinance 2020-05 (First Reading) — An Ordinance of the Town of Lady Lake, Lake County, Florida; Providing for a Text Amendment to the Town of Lady Lake Land Development Regulations (Ordinance No. 94-08) Chapter 5, Section 5-4, “Zoning District Uses”; Amending the Height Requirements for Specified Zoning Designations; Amending the Application Review Process by the Technical Review Committee for Planned Unit Developments (Thad Carroll)
K. Town Manager’s Report
L. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
M. Public Comments [i]
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.