Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, December 21, 2020, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Please note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the wearing of masks is requested, and seating may be limited as social distancing of any attendees will be required.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
By Reverend Dr. Paul Harsh of the First Baptist Church of Lady Lake
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
E. Public Comments [i]
F. Commission Swearing-In Ceremony
James Rietz, Ward Five
G. Consideration of Selection of Commission Liaison for Chamber of Commerce for FY 2020-2021
By Police Chief Robert Tempesta to Sergeant Andy Crogan on His Retirement
J. Old Business
K. New Business
3. Consideration for the Water, Sewer and Reuse Utility Agreement for Serenity Cottages of Lady Lake at Lumen Park ― A Proposed Memory Care Facility Complex Consisting of a 6,556-Square-Foot Administrative Building and Six 13,815-Square-Foot Memory Care Buildings Hosting a Total of 144 Beds; with 89 Parking Spaces; to be Constructed on Lot 2 of the Lumen Park Commercial Plat, Addressed as 1165 Highway 466, Referenced by Alternate Key Number 3900680 (Thad Carroll)
4. Consideration of Appointment of Two Members to the Planning and Zoning Board and Setting the Terms for Those Members (Nancy Slaton)
L. Town Attorney’s Report
5. Ordinance 2020-10 (Second and Final Reading) — An Ordinance Amending Chapter 2, Article VI, Division 3, of the Code of Ordinances for the Town of Lady Lake, Deleting and Replacing Ordinance No. 2012-11 in its Entirety, Setting Forth New Procedures for the Use of the Town’s Community Building and Library Meeting Rooms, Establishing Fees, Deposits, Limitations and Exemptions on Rentals (Lori Sadler)
6. Ordinance 2020-14 (Second and Final Reading) — An Ordinance Adopting Corrections, Updates and Modifications to the Capital Improvements Schedule of the Town of Lady Lake Comprehensive Plan (Thad Carroll)
7. Resolution 2020-117 (First and Final Reading) — A Resolution Resolution Permitting Property Assessed Clean Energy (“PACE”) Program within the Corporate Limits of the Town for Specific Property Referenced by Alternate Key Number 390068; Approving an Agreement with the Florida Resiliency and Energy District; Utilizing Voluntary Non-Ad Valorem Assessments to Finance Qualifying Improvements Only on Commercial Properties (Thad Carroll)
M. Town Manager’s Report
N. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
O. Public Comments [i]
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.