Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, February 1, 2021, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Please note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the wearing of masks is requested, and seating may be limited as social distancing of any attendees will be required.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
By Reverend Nancy Bryson of the St. George Episcopal Church
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
E. Public Comments [i]
- Minutes — January 20, 2021 — Special Commission Meeting
- Minutes — January 20, 2021 — Regular Commission Meeting
- Consideration of Approval for New Song Community Church of Lady Lake to Host Easter Sunday Sunrise Services at Veterans/Log Cabin Park on April 4, 2021 (Mike Burske)
- Consideration of Approval for the Lady Lake Historical Society to Host their Spring Rummage Sale on March 20th at Veterans/Log Cabin Park (Mike Burske)
- Consideration of Three Reappointments to the Planning and Zoning Board (Nancy Slaton)
- Consideration of Three Reappointments to the Parks, Recreation and Tree Advisory Committee (Nancy Slaton)
- Consideration of Approval of the Contract with Lassiter Transportation Group (LTG) to Prepare the State Required Evaluation and Appraisal Report (EAR) Based Amendments to the Comprehensive Plan on Behalf of the Town of Lady Lake (Thad Carroll)
G. Old Business
H. New Business
8. Consideration of Approval to Host the Annual Lady Lake Easter Egg Hunt on March 27, 2021 (Mike Burske)
9. Consideration of the Water, Sewer and Reuse Utility Agreement for Lake Ella Estates Subdivision ― Proposing a 232 Single-Family Residence Subdivision, to be Developed in Three Phases, on a 67.47-Acre Vacant Parcel Zoned RS-6, Located on the North Side of Lake Ella Road Approximately 3/4 Mile East of Rolling Acres Road and Approximately One Mile West of South Highway 27/441, Identified by Alternate Key Numbers 1283159 and 3462858 (Thad Carroll)
10. Consideration to Utilize COVID-19 Reimbursement Funds Received from Lake County to Purchase Items Eliminated from the Fiscal Year 2021 Budget (Thad Carroll)
I. Town Attorney’s Report
11. Resolution 2020-112 — First and Final Reading — Tabled from January 4, 2021 — Sun Water Oak Expansion LLC & Sun Communities Finance LP — Pursuant to Chapter 5, Section 5-4).h).7).D).1).d)., a Variance Request to Reduce Front Yard Setback from 25 Feet to 20 Feet for Residential Structures within the Water Oak Hilltop Expansion Phases 1-5 Development Proposed South of Griffin Avenue and East of the Water Oak Country Club Estates, Referenced by Alternate Keys 1238111, 1770483, and 1238277 (Thad Carroll)
12. Resolution 2020-113 — First and Final Reading — Tabled from January 4, 2021 — Sun Water Oak Expansion LLC & Sun Communities Finance LP — Pursuant to Chapter 15, Article II). Section 15-52).D).3), a Variance Request to Allow the Construction of Internal Private Roads within the Water Oak Hilltop Expansion Phases 2 through 5 to be 20-Foot Paved Roads to Keep Consistency with the Construction and Layout of the Existing Water Oak Country Club Estates, Referenced by Alternate Keys 1238111, 1770483, and 1238277 (Thad Carroll)
J. Town Manager’s Report
K. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
L. Public Comments [i]
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.