Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, April 5, 2021, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Please note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the wearing of masks is requested, and seating may be limited as social distancing of any attendees will be required.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
- By Pastor Ellen Pollock — New Covenant United Methodist Church
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
E. Public Comments [i]
- New Town Manager - William "Bill" Lawrence
H. Old Business
I. New Business
3. Consideration of Approval for the Lady Lake Driving Range to Host Their Annual Volunteers’ Luncheon at the Parks and Recreation Building on Tuesday, April 20, 2021 (Mike Burske)
4. Consideration of the Reappointment of Richard “Doc” Jones to the Town of Lady Lake Library Advisory Board (Nancy Slaton)
5. Consideration of Approval of the Major Site Plan for Big Dan’s Car Wash — MJSP 10/20-001 — A Proposal to Redevelop a Defunct Gas Station into a Car Wash Facility Featuring a 4,240-Square-Foot Building, 22 Vacuum Cleaning Spaces, Eight Bug Prep Spaces, a Dumpster Enclosure, and Underground Stormwater; Located on a 1.23-Acre Parcel at 135 North Highway 27/441; Identified by Alternate Key Number 2933224 (Thad Carroll)
J. Town Attorney’s Report
6. Resolution 2021-101 (First and Final Reading) — A Resolution Urging All Members of the Florida Legislature to Oppose Unwarranted or Overly Broad Preemptions of Municipal Home Rule Powers (Thad Carroll)
7. Resolution 2021-102 (First and Final Reading) — A Resolution Adopting the Lake County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan (Thad Carroll)
K. Town Manager’s Report
L. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
M. Public Comments [i]
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.