Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, May 17, 2021, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Please note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the wearing of masks is requested, and seating may be limited as social distancing of any attendees will be required.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
- By Pastor Jeff Hosmer – North Lake Presbyterian Church
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
E. Public Comments [i]
- 1. Proclaiming May 28th and May 29th as “Poppy Days” in Lady Lake (Mayor Kussard/Carolee McReynolds of the American Legion Auxiliary Unit 347)
- 2. Minutes — May 3, 2021 — Special Commission Meeting
5. Consideration of Award of Bid #2021-0001 for Construction of Phase One of the Wastewater Treatment Plant Improvements as Recommended by the Town Engineer, Jason Shepler with Mittauer & Associates, Inc. (C.T. Eagle)
H. Old Business
I. New Business
7. Consideration of Approval of the Lady Lake Commons Outparcel “D” ― New Major Site Plan MJSP 02/21-001 ― Proposing a Multi-Tenant Building Offering 3,600 Square Feet of Retail Space and 2,560 Square Feet for a Bank Institution with Drive-Through Facilities Featuring 39 Parking Spaces, Including Two Florida ADA Accessible Parking Spaces; Proposed on a 1.68-Acre Outparcel within the Lady Lake Commons Plaza Located at the Southeast Corner of North Highway 27/441 and Fennell Blvd.; Identified by Alternate key 3305451 (Thad Carroll)
J. Town Attorney’s Report
8. Ordinance 2021-01 (Second and Final Reading) — Annexation — Triston Gustavo Meucci Life Estate, Shirley H. Meucci, and Louis Meucci Trustee — Annexing Approximately 269.15 Acres Located South of County Road 466 and East of Cherry Lake Road in Lake County, Florida; Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 1279810, 3325451, 1279801, 1770700, 1279828, and 1279780 (Thad Carroll)
9. Ordinance 2021-02 (Second and Final Reading) — Large Scale Future Land Use Amendment — Triston Gustavo Meucci Life Estate, Shirley H. Meucci, and Louis Meucci Trustee — Change from Lake County Urban Low Density to Lady Lake Mixed Development District/Traditional Neighborhood District for Approximately 269.15 Acres Located South of County Road 466 and East of Cherry Lake Road in Lake County, Florida; Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 1279810, 3325451, 1279801, 1770700, 1279828, and 1279780 (Thad Carroll)
10. Ordinance 2021-03 (Second and Final Reading) — Rezoning — Triston Gustavo Meucci Life Estate, Shirley H. Meucci, and Louis Meucci Trustee — Change from Lake County Agriculture and Planned Unit Development to Town of Lady Lake Planned Unit Development-Mixed Use PUD for Approximately 269.15 Acres Located South of County Road 466 and East of Cherry Lake Road in Lake County, Florida; Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 1279810, 3325451, 1279801, 1770700, 1279828, and 1279780 (Thad Carroll)
11. Ordinance 2021-08 (First Reading) — An Ordinance of the Town of Lady Lake Amending Chapter 2, Article VI, Division II of the Code of Ordinances for the Town of Lady Lake, Florida, Setting Forth Procedures for the Use of Town Parks and Facilities and Terms and Conditions of the Use of Town Parks and Facilities, Including Providing for Enforcement and Penalties (Mike Burske)
K. Town Manager’s Report
L. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
M. Public Comments [i]
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.