Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, June 7, 2021, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Please note that the wearing of masks and social distancing is optional as many in the community have received their Covid 19 vaccines.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
- By Reverend Dr. Paul Harsh of the First Baptist Church of Lady Lake
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
E. Public Comments [i]
- 1. Proclamation Regarding the Renaming of the Lady Lake Driving Range to the “Lady Lake Bob Johnson Legacy Driving Range” (Mayor Kussard/Bob Johnson)
- 2. Minutes — May 17, 2021 — Commission Meeting
- 3. Consideration of Approval to Sign the Agreement with Duke Energy to Grant an Easement to Set the Power Poles Back Further from U.S. 27/441 at the Log Cabin (Mike Burske)
- 4. Consideration of Approval of Revisions to the Town of Lady Lake’s Procurement Manual Regarding Purchasing Policies and Procedures (Bill Lawrence/Pam Winegardner)
H. Old Business
I. New Business
5. Consideration of Approval for the Lady Lake Parks and Recreation Department and the Lady Lake Area Chamber of Commerce to Begin Raising Funds to Host a 4th of July Fireworks Display in 2023 (Mike Burske)
J. Town Attorney’s Report
7. Ordinance 2021-05 (First Reading) — Annexation — North Lake Presbyterian Church — Voluntarily Annexing Property Being Approximately 2.79 Acres Owned by North Lake Presbyterian Church, Inc.; Referenced by Alternate Key Number 1629586; within Lake County, Florida (Thad Carroll)
8. Ordinance 2021-06 (First Reading) — Small Scale Comp Plan Amendment — North Lake Presbyterian Church — Change from Lake County Urban Medium Density (2.50 Acres) and Town of Lady Lake Single-Family Low Density (2.66 Acres) to Town of Lady Lake Commercial General - Retail Sales & Services (RET) for Property Owned by North Lake Presbyterian Church, Inc.; within Lake County, Florida (Thad Carroll)
9. Ordinance 2021-07 (First Reading) — Rezoning — North Lake Presbyterian Church — Redesignating Zoning Classification for Certain Property Being Approximately 8.47 Acres Owned by North Lake Presbyterian Church, Inc.; Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 1629586, 2689552, 3539605, and 2830476; within Lake County, Florida (Thad Carroll)
10. Ordinance 2021-08 (Second and Final Reading) — An Ordinance of the Town of Lady Lake Amending Chapter 2, Article VI, Division II of the Code of Ordinances for the Town of Lady Lake, Florida, Setting Forth Procedures for the Use of Town Parks and Facilities and Terms and Conditions of the Use of Town Parks and Facilities, Including Providing for Enforcement and Penalties (Mike Burske)
11. Resolution 2021-104 (First and Final Reading) — A Resolution of the Town of Lady Lake, Florida, Granting A Variance to Authorize the Removal of a Historic Tree in Accordance with the Provisions of Chapter 10, Section 10-5. C). 3). A)., of the Town of Lady Lake Land Development Regulations, on Property Owned by M & L Lady Lake, LLC, Located at 401 US Highway 441 (Alternate Key 1237998) (Thad Carroll)
K. Town Manager’s Report
L. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
M. Public Comments [i]
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.