Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, August 2, 2021, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Please note that the wearing of masks and social distancing is optional as many in the community have received their Covid 19 vaccines.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
- By Reverend Father Greg Koon – St. Alban’s Anglican Church
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
- 1. Announcement of Qualifying Period from 12 Noon on August 9, 2021, to 12 Noon on August 13, 2021, for the Office of Town Commissioner for Wards One, Three, and Five for the General Election on November 2, 2021 (Mayor Kussard)
- 2. Life-Saving Award Presented to Officer Jacob Clark (Chief Rob Tempesta)
- 3. Proclaiming National Clown Week (Mayor Kussard/Doris Turlo)
- 4. Minutes — July 19, 2021 — Special (Conceptual) Commission Meeting
8. Consideration of Approval of Additions to the Fall Event Schedule to Include a Kids Day at the Driving Range on August 28, 2021, a Movie Night at the Museum on November 13, 3021, and an Open House at the Community Building on September 18, 2021 (Mike Burske)
9. Consideration of Approval for the Orange Blossom Gardens Lion’s Club and Silver Trefoils to Utilize the Parks and Recreation Building for a Staging and Storage Area for their Annual Pajama and Book Drive (Mike Burske)
I. New Business
10. Consideration of Approval to Invest $8,360.00 to Design and Incorporate a Bathroom Facility at the Proposed Town Park Project on Property at the Corner of E. Lady Lake Blvd. and Old Dixie Parkway (Mike Burske)
11. Discussion of the Tentative Millage Rate and Set Proposed Date, Time, and Place for the First Public Hearing for the Tentative Millage Rate and Budget, and Set Proposed Date, Time, and Place for the Second Public Hearing for the Final Millage Rate and Budget (Pam Winegardner)
12. Consideration to Reconsider the Vote Approving the Re-Opener Changes to the Agreement between the Town of Lady Lake (TOLL) and the Florida Police Benevolent Association (PBA) for the Period of October 1, 2021 through September 30, 2022, which Occurred at the July 19, 2021 Commission Meeting (William Lawrence/Tamika DeLee)
J. Town Attorney’s Report
13. Ordinance 2021-11 (First Reading) — An Ordinance Providing for Amendment of the Town Charter; Amending Article X — Elections, Section 10.2 — Qualifications; Amending Article X, Section 10.03 – Form of Ballot; and Amending Article X, Section 10.5 – Elections; Providing Requisite Ballot Language for Submission to Electors; Providing for Severability; Providing for Inclusion in the Charter; Providing for Repeal of Conflicting Ordinances; and Providing for an Effective Date (Nancy Slaton)
K. Town Manager’s Report
L. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
M. Public Comments [i]
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.