Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, August 16, 2021, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Please note that the wearing of masks is currently optional and social distancing is requested due to the increase in Covid 19 cases. Please be responsible.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
- By Pastor Shawn Smith – North Lake Presbyterian Church
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
- Minutes — August 2, 2021 — Commission Meeting
- Consideration of Approval to Renew the Customer Service Agreement with Ring Power Corporation to Provide Town Wide Generator Repair, Testing, and Maintenance Services (C.T. Eagle)
- Acknowledgement of the Waiver Request for Casa Montessori to Display a Banner Beyond the 60 day Limitation per Calendar Year (Thad Carroll)
F. New Business
G. Town Attorney’s Report
13. Ordinance 2021-11 (Second and Final Reading) — An Ordinance Providing for Amendment of the Town Charter; Amending Article X — Elections, Section 10.2 — Qualifications; Amending Article X, Section 10.03 – Form of Ballot; and Amending Article X, Section 10.5 – Elections; Providing Requisite Ballot Language for Submission to Electors; Providing for Severability; Providing for Inclusion in the Charter; Providing for Repeal of Conflicting Ordinances; and Providing for an Effective Date (Nancy Slaton)
H. Town Manager’s Report
I. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
J. Public Comments [i]
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.