Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, September 8, 2021, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Please note that the wearing of masks is currently optional and social distancing is requested due to the increase in Covid 19 cases. Please be responsible.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
- By Pastor Shawn Smith – North Lake Presbyterian Church
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
1. Constitution Week (Mayor Kussard/DAR Chapter Representative)
F. Public Hearing
- 4. Minutes — August 16, 2021 — Commission Meeting
5. Consideration of Approval of the Fiscal Year 2021—2022 Holiday Schedule (Tamika DeLee)
6. Consideration of Approval of the Town’s Covid Temporary Leave Policy (Tamika DeLee)
H. New Business
10. Lady Lake Commons — Final Commercial Plat — Proposing a Plat of Five Commercial Lots and Three Tracts on an 18.52-Acre Parcel Zoned Heavy Commercial (HC), Located West of County Road 25, South of Fennell Boulevard, and Northeast of Highway 27/441, within Lake County, Florida (Thad Carroll)
I. Town Attorney’s Report
13. Ordinance 2021-09 (First Reading) — Small Scale Comprehensive Plan Amendment — Linden Street Development, LLC — Change from Manufactured Homes High Density (MH-HD) to Commercial General – Retail Sales & Services (RET) for Approximately 22.29 Acres Owned by J.T. Beahan IV; Referenced by Alternate Key 1771421, within Lake County, Florida (Thad Carroll)
14. Ordinance 2021-10 (First Reading) — Rezoning — Linden Street Development, LLC — Redesignating Zoning Classification from Manufactured Homes High Density (MH-9) and Heavy Commercial (HC) to Planned Commercial (CP) for Approximately 27.82 Acres Owned by J.T. Beahan IV; Referenced by Alternate Key Number 1771421, within Lake County, Florida (Thad Carroll)
15. Ordinance 2021-12 ( First Reading) — An Ordinance Amending Chapter 2, Article VI, Division 3 of the Town of Lady Lake Code of Ordinances; Deleting and Replacing Ordinance 2020-10 in its Entirety; Reassigning the Management of the Town’s Community Building to the Town’s Parks and Recreation Department; Setting Forth New Procedures for the use of the Town’s Community Building and Library Meeting Rooms (Mike Burske)
16. Resolution 2021-107 (First and Final Reading) — Variance — Lynk Investments, LLC —Granting a Request to Remove 18 Historic Trees in Accordance with the Provisions of Chapter 10, Section 10-5. C). 3). A)., of the Town of Lady Lake Land Development Regulations, on Property Located at 41101 and 41109 County Road 25, Referenced by Alternate Keys 1237718 and 1237734 (Thad Carroll)
17. Resolution 2021-109 (First and Final Reading) – A Resolution Authorizing the Town to Join the State of Florida and Other Local Governments as a Participant in the Florida Memorandum of Understanding and Formal Agreements Implementing a Unified Plan Regarding Opioid Litigation (Bill Lawrence)
J. Town Manager’s Report
K. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
L. Public Comments [i]
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.