Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, September 20, 2021, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Please note that the wearing of masks is currently optional and social distancing is requested due to the increase in Covid 19 cases. Please be responsible.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
- By Pastor Debbie Casanzio — Lady Lake United Methodist Church
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
E. Public Hearing
3. Minutes — September 8, 2021 — Commission Meeting
4. Consideration of Approval to Formally Designate Tamika DeLee, Human Resources Director, to Serve as the Town’s Representative on the Public Risk Management of Florida Property/Casualty or Group Health Trust Board of Directors, and to Formally Appoint William Lawrence, Town Manager, to Serve as Alternate Board Member on the Public Risk Management of Florida Property/Casualty or Group Health Trust Board of Directors (Tamika DeLee)
G. New Business
5. Consideration of Approval of the Re-Opener Changes to the Agreement between the Town of Lady Lake (TOLL) and the Florida Police Benevolent Association (PBA) for the Period of October 1, 2021 through September 30, 2022 (Tamika DeLee)
6. Consideration of Approval for the Town to Partner with the American Cancer Society to Host the Tri-County Relay for Life at the Rolling Acres Sports Complex Soccer Fields on Saturday April 23, 2022 and Waive the Field Rental Fees Associated with the Event (Mike Burske)
H. Town Attorney’s Report
7. Ordinance 2021-09 (Second and Final Reading) — Small Scale Comprehensive Plan Amendment — Linden Street Development, LLC — Change from Manufactured Homes High Density (MH-HD) to Commercial General – Retail Sales & Services (RET) for Approximately 22.29 Acres Owned by J.T. Beahan IV; Referenced by Alternate Key 1771421, within Lake County, Florida (Thad Carroll)
8. Ordinance 2021-10 (Second and Final Reading) — Rezoning — Linden Street Development, LLC — Redesignating Zoning Classification from Manufactured Homes High Density (MH-9) and Heavy Commercial (HC) to Planned Commercial (CP) for Approximately 27.82 Acres Owned by J.T. Beahan IV; Referenced by Alternate Key Number 1771421, within Lake County, Florida (Thad Carroll)
9. Ordinance 2021-12 ( Second and Final Reading) — An Ordinance Amending Chapter 2, Article VI, Division 3 of the Town of Lady Lake Code of Ordinances; Deleting and Replacing Ordinance 2020-10 in its Entirety; Reassigning the Management of the Town’s Community Building to the Town’s Parks and Recreation Department; Setting Forth New Procedures for the use of the Town’s Community Building and Library Meeting Rooms (Mike Burske)
10. Ordinance 2021-20 (First Reading) — Amending Chapter 10.5, Pensions and Retirement, Article III, Police Officer’s Retirement Trust Fund, of the Code of Ordinances of the Town of Lady Lake (Pam Winegardner)
I. Town Manager’s Report
J. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
K. Public Comments [i]
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.