Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, December 6, 2021, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Please note that the wearing of masks is currently optional and social distancing is requested due to Covid 19. Please be responsible.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
- By Pastor Shawn of North Lake Presbyterian Church
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
- Minutes — November 15, 2021 — Special (Conceptual) Commission Meeting
- Minutes — November 15, 2021 — Commission Meeting
- Consideration of Approval of the Memorandum of Agreements for Utilizing the Community Building as an Early Voting Site and as a Polling Place for Precinct #11 for the Primary Election on November 23, 2022 and the General Election of November 8, 2022 (Mike Burske)
F. New Business
4. Discussion and Recommendations on Utilizing the Surtax to Fund the Trail Project on Old Dixie Highway (Mike Burske/Pam Winegardner)
5. Consideration of Approval to Put the Old Dixie Highway Trail Project Out to Bid (Mike Burske)
G. Town Attorney’s Report
6. Ordinance 2021-22 (First Reading) — Rezoning — for Property Being Approximately 6.62 Acres Owned by Randy Heimos Life Estate; Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 1121612, 1584876, 2700416, and 3793334; within Lake County, Florida; Rezoning from Lady Lake Residential Professional (RP) To Lady Lake Planned Commercial (CP) (Thad Carroll)
7. Ordinance 2021-23 (First Reading) — Annexation — of Property being Approximately 150.72 Acres Owned by Mark And Susan Daigneau, Douglas A. Hill, Sr. Life Estate, and Levon and Sarah Mears; Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 1279763, 1770670, 1770661, 1771498, and 1770653; Located South of County Road 466 And East of Cherry Lake Road in Lake County, Florida (Thad Carroll)
8. Ordinance 2021-24 (First Reading) — Large Scale Comprehensive Plan Amendment — Providing for a Change to the Future Land Use Designation of Property being Approximately 150.72 Acres Owned by Mark and Susan Daigneau, Douglas A. Hill, Sr. Life Estate, and Levon and Sarah Mears; Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 1279763, 1770670, 1770661, 1771498, and 1770653; Located South of County Road 466 and East of Cherry Lake Road in Lake County, Florida; Change from Urban Low Density (Lake County) to Mixed Development District/Traditional Neighborhood District (MDD-ND) (Thad Carroll)
9. Ordinance 2021-25 (First Reading) — Rezoning — for Property being Approximately 421 Acres Owned by Triston Gustavo Meucci Life Estate, Louis Meucci Trustee, Mark and Susan Daigneau, Douglas A. Hill, Sr. Life Estate, and Levon and Sarah Mears; Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 1279810, 3325451, 1279801, 1770700, 1279828, 1279780, 1279763, 1770670, 1770661, 1771498, and 1770653; Located South of County Road 466 and East of Cherry Lake Road in Lake County, Florida; Rezoning Subject Property from Lake County Agriculture and Planned Unit Development to Town of Lady Lake Planned Unit Development–Mixed Use (PUD) (Thad Carroll)
10. Ordinance 2021-26 (First Reading) — Rezoning — for Nine Properties being Approximately 74 Acres Owned by Miguel Matos and Rosa Perez, James Hartson and Daphne Peters, Nicholas and Lark Capra, Waylon and Mandy Bibler, Joseph and Melissa Denham, Richard Rotondo, and The Di Scala Family Trust; Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 2688360, 2688424, 2688483, 2688556, 1809347, 1282420, 3777509, 1282454 and 3793364; within Lady Lake, Florida; Rezoning Subject Properties from Lady Lake County Single-Family Medium Density (RS-6) to Lady Lake Agricultural Residential (AG-1) (Thad Carroll)
11. Ordinance 2021-27 (First Reading) — An Ordinance Adopting Corrections, Updates And Modifications to the Capital Improvements Schedule of the Town of Lady Lake Comprehensive Plan for Years 2022—2026 (Thad Carroll)
12. Ordinance 2021-28 (First Reading) — An Ordinance Repealing the Second/Final Reading of Ordinance 2021-13 (Thad Carroll)
13. Ordinance 2021-30 (First Reading) — An Ordinance Creating a Community Development District for the Hammock Oaks Development on Highway 466 (Thad Carroll)
H. Town Manager’s Report
I. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
J. Public Comments [i]
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.