Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, February 7, 2022, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Please note that the wearing of masks is currently optional and social distancing is requested due to Covid 19. Please be responsible.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
- Rev. Dr. Paul Harsh – First Baptist Church of Lady Lake
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
F. New Business
3. Consideration of Approval for the Lady Lake Relay for Life to Host an 80’s Themed Cover Band at the Rolling Acres Sports Complex (Mike Burske/Relay for Life)
4. Consideration of Approval for Mikhail Kuns to Utilize the Community Building for Karate Classes and to Charge him 10% of His Gross as Rent (Mike Burske)
5. Discussion regarding the Interlocal Agreement for Fire Protection Services with the Village Center Community Development District (Bill Lawrence)
6. Discussion regarding moving forward with the purchase of the Taylor property (C.T. Eagle, Bill Lawrence, Derek Schroth)
7. Consideration of Approval for the Christian Food Pantry - Building Addition – Major Modification to Site Plan MJM 12/21-001 – Proposal for a 431-square-foot Building Addition, a 120-square-foot Aluminum Cover Structure, a 96-foot Concrete Ramp with Landing, a 104-foot Concrete Slab, a 120-gal LP Gas Tank and Pad, and providing seven parking spaces, on a .22-acre parcel owned by North Lake Presbyterian Church Inc., located at 103 High Street, and identified by Alternate Key Number 1723663 (Thad Carroll)
8. Consideration of Approval for the Old Dixie Highway Park Improvements – Major Modification to Site Plan MJM 01/22-001 – Proposing to construct a 12-long, 2,500 linear feet multi-use trail featuring 114 parking spaces including 5 ADA Florida accessible parking spaces, four 10-foot by 10-foot pavilions, four benches, two drinking fountains, two access points, and one public restroom, on a 9.97-acre parcel located at the southwest corner of Old Dixie Hwy and Lady Lake Blvd., addressed as 120 West Lady Lake Blvd. and identified by Alternate Key Numbers 1279917 and 1698693 (Thad Carroll)
G. Town Attorney’s Report
9. Ordinance 2021-29 (First Reading) - Rezoning – Palm Property Partners-Haymaker, LLC – Rezoning Certain Property being Approximately 41.22 Acres from Lady Lake Unclassified Designation to Lady Lake Residential Planned Unit Development (PUD); Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 1739438, 1237815, and 1739454, within Lake County, Florida (Thad Carroll)
H. Town Manager’s Report
I. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
J. Public Comments [i]
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.