Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, May 16, 2022, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Please note that the wearing of masks is currently optional and social distancing is requested due to Covid 19. Please be responsible.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
- By Pastor Tony Omerzu - Crossroads Community Church
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
G. New Business
3. Reconsideration of the Van Patten House Apartments – Major Modification to Site Plan MJM 03/22-003 – A proposal to convert the existing Van Patten House Building into seven residential dwelling units on the second floor, providing for 16 parking spaces, including one Florida ADA Accessible parking space, on a .39-acre project area owned by the Villages Operating Company, located at 992 Del Mar Drive, and identified by Alternate Key Number 3840568. (Thad Carroll)
4. Consideration of Award of Bid 2022-0002 for Construction of Phase Two of the Wastewater Treatment Plant Improvements as Recommended by the Town Engineer, Jason Shepler with Mittauer and Associates, Inc. (C.T. Eagle)
6. Discussion of redefining the Town Commissioner Ward boundaries based upon the population data collected from the 2020 U.S. Census to establish a roughly equivalent representation of residents within each ward. (Thad Carroll)
9. Consideration of drafting an Ordinance to Repeal Ordinance 95-08, Chapter 8, Article II, Sections 8-26 thru 8-34 of the Code of Ordinances pertaining to Business Tax Receipts whereby business tax receipts would no longer be required in the Town of Lady Lake.
H. Town Attorney’s Report
10. Resolution 2022-103 - Variance - Cynthia L. Hines-White – Pursuant to Chapter 5). 5-4). F).4).C).1). A)., of the Town of Lady Lake Land Development Regulations which requires the Front Yard Setback Within the MX-5 Zoning District to be 25 Feet. The Variance Request is to Allow the Front Yard Setback to be 18.7 Feet, For Property Located at 223 Gibson Street, Referenced by Alternate Key 1750776; within Lake County, Florida. (Thad Carroll)
11. Resolution 2022-105 - First and Final Reading - Special Permit Use (SPU) for Electronic Message Board – Big Dan’s Car Wash - Pursuant to Chapter 17, Section 17-3, e). 4). of the Town of Lady Lake Land Development Regulations, William H. Griffin with International Sign filed an application for the installation of an Electronic Message Board/Marquee Sign on a proposed freestanding sign on property owned by JJGMEE, LLC, located at 135 North Highway 27/441 (Alternate Key 2933224), within the Town limits of Lady Lake. (Thad Carroll)
I. Town Manager’s Report
J. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
K. Public Comments [i]
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.