Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, June 6, 2022, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
By Rev. Greg Koon — St. Alban’s Anglican Church
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
- Minutes — May 16, 2022 — Special Commission Meeting
- Minutes — May 16, 2022 — Commission Meeting
- Minutes — May 19, 2022 — Commission Workshop
- Consideration of Acceptance of Continuing Engineering, Architectural, Land Surveying Consulting Services Profession Services Agreements and Fee Schedules in response to RFQ No. 2022-001
- Consideration of reappointments to the Disciplinary Arbitration Panel
- Consideration of Approval for the Texas Roadhouse to Host a Spring Bash on July 14th at the Junior Baseball Field.
- Consideration of the Water, Sewer, and Reuse Utility Agreement for Lady Lake Square Apartments
- Consideration of the Water and Sewer Utility Agreement for the Villages RV Storage
F. New Business
9. Reconsideration of approval for the Van Patten House Apartments – Major Modification to Site Plan MJM 03/22-003 – A proposal to convert the existing Van Patten House Building into seven residential dwelling units on the second floor, providing for 16 parking spaces, including one Florida ADA Accessible parking space, on a .39-acre project area owned by the Villages Operating Company, located at 992 Del Mar Drive, and identified by Alternate Key Number 3840568. (Thad Carroll)
G. Town Attorney’s Report
10. Ordinance 2022-02 — First Reading — An Ordinance of the Town Commission of the Town of Lady Lake, Florida; Repealing Chapter 8, Article II of the Code of Ordinances Pertaining to Local Business Tax and Business Tax Receipts; Repealing Conflicting Ordinances; Providing for Severability; and Providing an Effective Date. (Nancy Wilson)
11. Ordinance 2022-03 – First Reading - An Ordinance of the Town Commission of the Town of Lady Lake, Florida; Amending the Land Development Regulations, Chapter 2, Section 2-2 Definitions; Deleting Chapter 9, Section 9-3b), Section 9-8 C)1, and Section 9-10 G)2 to Eliminate References to Business Tax Receipts; Repealing Conflicting Ordinances; Providing for Severability; and Providing an Effective Date. (Nancy Wilson)
12. Resolution 2022-104 – First and Final Reading - Variance - Green Key Village LLC — Pursuant to Chapter 5). 5-4).e).4).D)., of the Town of Lady Lake Land Development Regulations which requires the maximum impervious surface ratio of paved areas within the RS-6 Zoning District not to exceed 45 percent of the lot size. The variance request is to allow up to 54 percent of impervious surface ratio for any one lot within the Green Key Village Phases 5 & 6 Subdivisions (Lots 87-179), within an average of 48 percent impervious surface ratio overall, on parcel addressed as 1635 Lake Ella Road, referenced by Alternate Key 3903749, owned by Green Key Village, LLC, within the town limits of the Town of Lady Lake, Florida. (Thad Carroll)
H. Town Manager’s Report
I. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
J. Public Comments
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.