Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, July 18, 2022, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
CALL TO ORDER
Matt Malott – New Life Christian Church
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
All items listed under consent are considered routine by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
B. NEW BUSINESS
C. TOWN ATTORNEY'S REPORT
6. Ordinance 2022-04 — (Second and Final Reading) — Annexation — Smith-Anderson — An Ordinance Voluntarily Annexing Three Vacant Parcels Being Approximately 24.75 Acres, owned by William Mason Anderson and Alfreida Anderson and Carl A. Smith Trustee of the Carl A. Smith Family Trust, property being approximately a mile south of the intersection of Rolling Acres Road and Highway 466, and just over 5/6 of a mile north of the intersection of Rolling Acres Road and Lake Ella Road, southeast corner of Sunshower Lane and Rolling Acres Road, Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 3907338, 1283264, and 1283329, within Lake County Florida. (Thad Carroll)
7. Ordinance 2022-05 — (Second and Final Reading)— Small Scale Future Land Use Comprehensive Plan Amendment — Smith-Anderson — Change the future land use designation from Lake County Urban Low Density to Lady Lake Single Family Medium Density for property owned by William Mason Anderson and Alfreida Anderson and Carl A. Smith Trustee of the Carl A. Smith Family Trust; being approximately 24.75 acres; Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 3907338, 1283264, and 1283329, within Lake County, Florida. (Thad Carroll)
8. Ordinance 2022-06 — (Second and Final Reading) — Rezoning — Smith-Anderson — Change the zoning designation from Lake County Agriculture (A) to Lady Lake Residential Planned Unit Development (PUD) for property owned by William Mason Anderson and Alfreida Anderson and Carl A. Smith Trustee of the Carl A. Smith Family Trust; being approximately 24.75 acres; Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 3907338, 1283264, and 1283329, within Lake County, Florida. (Thad Carroll)
9. Ordinance 2022-07 — (Second and Final Reading) An Ordinance of the Town of Lady Lake, Lake County, Florida; Amending the Town of Lady Lake Land Development Regulations (Ordinance No. 94-08); Amending Chapter 7, Site Development Plan Regulations; Adding Section 13, Entitled Limitation of Hours of Construction. (Thad Carroll)
10. Resolution 2022-112 — (First and Final Reading) — Declaration of Qualifying Dates for the Office of Town Commissioner for Wards Two and Four for the November 8, 2022 General Election; and Authorization to Request that the Lake County Supervisor of Elections Conduct the Election (Nancy Wilson)
TOWN MANAGER'S REPORT
MAYOR AND COMMISSIONERS' REPORT
This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.