Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, August 01, 2022, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
CALL TO ORDER
Pastor Debbie – United Methodist Church
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Announcement of Qualifying Period from 12 Noon on August 15, 2022, to 12 Noon on August 19, 2022, for the Office of Town Commissioner for Wards Two and Four for the General Election on November 8, 2022 (Mayor Rietz)
All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
D. NEW BUSINESS
No new business
E. TOWN ATTORNEY'S REPORT
7. Resolution No. 2022–107 — First and Final Reading — Plaza Professional Center — Variance Request for the Removal of One Live Oak Historic Tree in Accordance with the Provisions of Chapter 10, Section 10-5. C). 3). A)., of the Town of Lady Lake Land Development Regulations, On Property Located at 304-314 La Grande Blvd., owned by GTMJ Investment Group, LLC, Referenced by Alternate Key Number 3808678; within the Town of Lady Lake Limits. (Thad Carroll)
8. Resolution No. 2022-108 – First and Final Reading - Variance – Jones - Pursuant to Chapter 5, Section 5-4. e).1).C.), of the Land Development Regulations (LDRs) which requires that the maximum customary accessory structure square footage within the RS-6 zoning district does not exceed 25 percent of the principal structure. The variance request is to allow a total of 960 square feet or 45 percent of the principal structure to construct a 30-foot by 32-foot garage/carport combo accessory structure at property addressed as 110 Lakeview Avenue, referenced by Alternate Key 1260558, within Lake County, Florida. (Thad Carroll)
9. Resolution No. 2022-113 - A Resolution of the Town Commission of the Town of Lady Lake, Florida; Vacating The North 40 Feet Of A 75 Feet Utility Maintenance Easement Located On A Portion Of Lot 10, Of The Lee And Stevens Additions To The Town Of Lady Lake, According To The Plat Thereof As Recorded In Plat Book 8, Page 9 Through 12, Public Records Of Lake County Florida, Addressed As 175 South Rolling Acres Road (Alternate Key 3250290), Within the Town Limits Of The Town Of Lady Lake, Florida. (Thad Carroll)
10. Resolution No. 2022-115 – A Resolution of the Town Commission of the Town of Lady Lake, Florida; Relating to the Imposition of a Special Assessment for Solid Waste Collection and Disposal Services, Facilities, and Programs within the Solid Waste Special Assessment District; Providing a Description of Solid Waste Collection and Disposal Services, Facilities or Programs to be Provided within the Solid Waste Special Assessment District; Determining the Preliminary Solid Waste Cost to be Assessed; Describing the Method of Apportioning Solid Waste Assessed Costs; Establishing a Preliminary Assessment Rate for the Upcoming Fiscal Year; Establishing a Maximum Assessment Rate and Directing Preparation of the Initial Assessment Roll. (Pam Winegardner)
TOWN MANAGER'S REPORT
MAYOR AND COMMISSIONERS' REPORT
This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.