Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, August 15, 2022, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
CALL TO ORDER
Pastor Tony Omerzu – Crossroads Community Church
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Announcement of Qualifying Period from 12 Noon on August 15, 2022, to 12 Noon on August 19, 2022, for the Office of Town Commissioner for Wards Two and Four for the General Election on November 8, 2022 (Mayor Rietz)
All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
1. August 1, 2022 - Special Commission Meeting Minutes
2. August 1, 2022 - Town Commission Meeting Minutes
B. NEW BUSINESS
4. Presentation and Consideration of Fiber Wide-Area-Network Master Plan by Magellan Advisors (John Pearl)
5. Consideration of Dates and Times for the First and Second Public Hearings to Set the Millage Rate and Approve the Budget (Pam Winegardner)
6. Consideration of Approval of the contract proposal with Dickerson Architects, Inc. for design services for the modifications to the Children’s Library and the Second Floor of the Adult Library (Thad Carroll)
C. TOWN ATTORNEY'S REPORT
7. Consideration of Resolution 2022-114 – First and Final Reading - Special Permit Use for Electronic Message Board – Too Your Health Spa (V) – Pursuant to chapter 17, Section 17-3, e).4). of the Town of Lady Lake Land Development Regulations, Fred Schweitz with Fred Schweitz #2 LLC filed an application of the installation of an Electronic Message Board/Marquee Sign within an existing freestanding sign on property owned by Fred Schweitz #2 LLC, located at 995 South Highway 27/441 (Alternate Key 3883818), within the Town limits of Lady Lake. (Thad Carroll)
TOWN MANAGER'S REPORT
MAYOR AND COMMISSIONERS' REPORT
This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.