Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, September 7, 2022, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
Call to Order
Pastor George, Tri-County Baptist Church
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Pastor George, Tri-County Baptist Church
A. PUBLIC HEARING
All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
3. August 15, 2022 - Commission Meeting Minutes
4. Consideration of Request to advertise an RFP for Auditing Services (Pam Winegardner)
5. Consideration of Request to Award RFP 2022-001 for Building Official Services to Charles Abbott Associates, Inc., Upon Contract Negotiations and Due Diligence. (Thad Carroll)
6. Consideration of Approval of the FY 2023 Holiday Schedule (Tamika DeLee)
7. Consideration of Approval of the FY 2023 Fall and Spring Event Schedule (Mike Burske)
C. NEW BUSINESS
D. TOWN ATTORNEY'S REPORT
10. Ordinance 2022-08 (First Reading) — Annexation — An Ordinance Annexing One Lot Being Approximately 0.15 Acre, located within Orange Blossom Gardens Unit 3, Owned by Martha K. Friedman, Referenced by Alternate Key Number 2684232. (Thad Carroll)
11. Ordinance 2022-09 – First Reading - Small Scale Future Land Use Comprehensive Plan Amendment - An Ordinance Amending the Lady Lake Future Land Use Comprehensive Plan of One Lot Being Approximately 0.15 Acre, Located in Orange Blossom Gardens Unit 3, Owned by Martha K. Friedman, Referenced by Alternate Key Number 2684232. (Thad Carroll)
12. Ordinance 2022-10 – First Reading – Rezoning - An Ordinance rezoning one lot being approximately 0.15 acre, located in Orange Blossom Gardens Unit 3, owned by Martha K. Friedman, referenced by Alternate Key Number 2684232, from Lake County Residential Medium (RM) to Lady Lake Mixed Residential Medium Density (MX-8).
13. Ordinance 2022-11 (First Reading) — An Ordinance of the Town Commission of the Town of Lady Lake, Florida; Voluntarily Annexing Property Being Approximately 172.707 Acres Owned by Joseph H. O’Dell and Julian and Diana Malkiewicz; Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 1283582 And 1283523; Located Approximately 1,500 Feet North of Lake Ella Road and East of Cherry Lake Road in Lake County, Florida (Thad Carroll)
14. Ordinance 2022-12 (First Reading) – Large-Scale Future Land Use Comprehensive Plan Amendment — Changing the future land use designation from Lake County Rural to Lady Lake Single Family Medium Density for property owned by Joseph H. O’Dell and Julien and Diana Malkiewicz; being approximately 172.707 acres; Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 1283582, and 1283523, within Lake County, Florida. (Thad Carroll)
15. Ordinance 2022-13 — First Reading – Rezoning – An Ordinance redesignating zoning classification for certain property being approximately 330.97 acres owned by Lugano Development, LLC, Joseph O’Dell, and Diana and Julien Malkiewicz; Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 1283311, 1283523, 1283582, 1283612, 1585031, 2877685, 2879874, and 3493737; Located south of County Road 466, north of Lake Ella Road, and East of Cherry Lake Road in Lake County, Florida; Rezoning Subject Property from Lake County Agriculture and Town of Lady Lake Planned Unit Development to Town of Lady Lake Planned Unit Development (PUD)
16. Resolution 2022-115 (First and Final Reading) - Adoption of Special Assessment for Solid Waste Collection and Disposal Services (Pam Winegardner)
TOWN MANAGER'S REPORT
MAYOR AND COMMISSIONERS' REPORT
This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.