Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, November 7, 2022, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
Call to Order
Pastor Marty Shea, Village View Church
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
B. NEW BUSINESS
2. Consideration of the Appointment of a New Member to the Town of Lady Lake’s Planning and Zoning Board (Nancy Wilson)
3. Consideration of Approval to Enter into an Agreement with Carr, Riggs & Ingram for Auditing Services in response to RFP No. 2022-002 (Pam Winegardner)
4. Consideration of the Water, Sewer and Reuse Utility Agreement for the Lake Sumter Reserve Apt. Homes Phase II - MJM 03/22-001 – Requesting Utilities Capacity Reservation of 42 Water ERUs, 42 Sewer ERUs, and 16 Reuse/Reclaimed ERUs for a proposed 84-unit Multifamily Apartment Complex featuring six buildings, 147 parking spaces, Trash Compactor and Landscaping Buffers, on a 3.25-acre parcel zoned Commercial, Mixed Use and High Density Residential, owned by Lake Sumter Commercial, LLC, identified by parcel ID D24J003 in Sumter County, Florida (Thad Carroll)
5. Discussion regarding Golf Cart Access in Downtown Lady Lake (Thad Carroll)
TOWN ATTORNEY'S REPORT
6. Resolution 2022-119 - A Resolution of the Town of Lady Lake Amending the Lady Lake Police Department Policies and Procedures Manual; Amending Resolution No. 2007-108 By Increasing the Limit for Take Home Vehicles to be Within Forty (40) Miles from the Town Limits; Providing for Repeal of inconsistent Provisions; Providing and Effective Date. (Chief Tempesta)
TOWN MANAGER'S REPORT
MAYOR AND COMMISSIONERS' REPORT
This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.