Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, November 21, 2022, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
Call to Order
Pastor Marty Shea, Village View Church
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF APPRECIATION OF SERVICE
Commissioner Tony Holden
COMMISSION SWEARING-IN CEREMONY:
John Gourlie, Ward Two
Paul Hannan, Ward Four
CONSIDERATION OF SELECTION OF MAYOR AND MAYOR PRO-TEM FOR 2022-2023
CONSIDERATION OF SELECTION OF COMMISSION LIAISONS FOR 2022-2023
Florida League of Cities
Metropolitan Planning Organization
MPO Citizens Advisory Committee
Lake County Library Advisory Board
All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
2. Consideration of Approval for the First Baptist Church of Lady Lake to Perform Christmas Carols Under the Christmas Lights at the Log Cabin on December 16th and for the Town to Advertise the Event on Our Website. (Mike Burske)
B. OLD BUSINESS
3. Consideration of approval for the Water Oak Country Club Estates Hilltop Amenity Area - Major Modification to Site Plan MJM 07/22-001 – Proposing a Resort-style Pool with Beach Entry and In-pool Benches, Hot Tub Area, a 840-square-foot Restroom Facility, a 8,500-square-foot Dog Park, a 3,900-square-foot Event Lawn, Beer Garden/Eating Area featuring eight tables and 32 chairs, Outdoor Kitchen, Mail Kiosk Building, Pool Equipment Room, Dumpster, and Landscaping Areas, 73 regular parking spaces, 4 Florida ADA parking spaces, and 25 Golf Cart Parking Spaces, located on the Northwest quadrant of the Hilltop Expansion Phases 2-4, just south of home sites 281 and 287, and just east of the Satellite Recreation Building along Norman Street, owned by Sun Water Oak Expansion LLC, identified by Alternate Key 1770483. (Thad Carroll)
C. NEW BUSINESS
5. Discussion of allowing the Villages Elementary School Advisory Council to place sponsorship signs on the fence adjacent to Rolling Acres Road to raise funds for the elementary school’s programs. (Thad Carroll)
7. Consideration of Approval for the Parks and Recreation Department to have Duke Energy Install Flood Type Lights on the West Side of the Racquetball Court at the Guava Street Athletic Complex. (Mike Burske)
D. TOWN ATTORNEY'S REPORT
9. Ordinance 2022-11 (Second and Final Reading) — An Ordinance of the Town Commission of the Town of Lady Lake, Florida; Voluntarily Annexing Property Being Approximately 172.707 Acres Owned by Joseph H. O’Dell and Julian and Diana Malkiewicz; Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 1283582 And 1283523; Located Approximately 1,500 Feet North of Lake Ella Road and East of Cherry Lake Road in Lake County, Florida (Thad Carroll)
10. Ordinance 2022-12 (Second and Final Reading) – Large-Scale Future Land Use Comprehensive Plan Amendment — Changing the future land use designation from Lake County Rural to Lady Lake Single Family Medium Density for property owned by Joseph H. O’Dell and Julien and Diana Malkiewicz; being approximately 172.707 acres; Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 1283582, and 1283523, within Lake County, Florida. (Thad Carroll)
11. Ordinance 2022-13 — (Second and Final Reading) - Rezoning - An Ordinance redesignating zoning classification for certain property being approximately 330.397 acres owned by Lugano Development, LLC, Joseph O’Dell, and Diana and Julien Malkiewicz; Referenced by Alternate Key Numbers 1283311, 1283523, 1283582, 1283612, 1585031, 2877685, 2879874, and 3493737; Located south of County Road 466, north of Lake Ella Road, and East of Cherry Lake Road in Lake County, Florida; Rezoning Subject Property from Lake County Agriculture and Town of Lady Lake Planned Unit Development to Town of Lady Lake Planned Unit Development (PUD). (Thad Carroll)
TOWN MANAGER'S REPORT
Town Manager Lawrence will ask the Commission to close Town Hall and the Library for the Town’s Christmas Party on Thursday, December 15th, 2022, from 12 noon to 3 p.m.
MAYOR AND COMMISSIONER'S REPORT
This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.