Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, February 22, 2023, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
Call to Order
Ash Wednesday – Moment of Silence
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Central Florida Alzheimer’s Association Law Enforcement Challenge Trophy for the 2022 Walk to End Alzheimer's to the Lady Lake Police Department
All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
- February 6, 2023 –Town Commission Meeting Minutes
- Approval for New Song Community Church of Lady Lake to Host Easter Sunday Sunrise Services at Veterans/Log Cabin Park on April 9, 2023
- Approval of reappointments to the Planning & Zoning Board and the Parks, Recreation and Tree Advisory Committee
- Consideration of Waiver/Discharge of a lien for Code Enforcement Case Numbers 18-6725 and 20-7430 in the amount of $415,832 for Property Located at 205 Brevard Avenue for Violation of Town of Lady Lake Land Development Regulation Section 16-52(a), Building Permit Required; and Town of Lady Lake Code of Ordinances Section 7-67, Certain Conditions, Accumulation Deemed Public Nuisance; and Section 20-20(A)(1), Residential Property Exterior Maintenance and Appearance Standards
B. NEW BUSINESS
7. Lake Ella Estates Phase 1 — Final Plat Plan — First and Final Reading- Proposing an 80 Non Age-Restricted Single-Family Residential Lots Zoned RS-6 within Lake Ella Estates Subdivision, Located on the North Side of Lake Ella Road Approximately ¾ Mile East of Rolling Acres Road, Addressed as 1295 Boone Boulevard, referenced as Alternate Key Numbers 1283159 & 3462858, owned by ROIB SFR Lake Ella LLC, within the town limits of the Town of Lady Lake, Florida. (Thad Carroll)
C. TOWN ATTORNEY'S REPORT
9. Resolution No. 2023-101 – Variance – First and Final Reading - Hammock Oaks Phase 1 – Historic Tree Removal – Pursuant to Chapter 10, Section 10-5). c).3).A., of the Land Development Regulations (LDRs) which requires a variance for the removal of historic trees. (Historic trees are classified as a tree with a diameter at breast height (DBH) of 36” or greater.) The variance request is to allow for the removal of 29 viable historic trees located within the common areas of Hammock Oaks Subdivision, Phases 1-6, referenced by Alternate Keys 1770670, 1770661, 1771498, 1770653, 1279810, 1770700, 1279801, 3325451, 1279763, 1279780, and 1279828, owned by SK Hammock Oaks, LLC, within the town limits of the Town of Lady Lake, Florida. (Thad Carroll)
TOWN MANAGER'S REPORT
MAYOR AND COMMISSIONER'S REPORT
This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.