Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, March 6, 2023, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
Call to Order
Pastor Keith Johnson - Chapel of Christian Faith
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
1.February 16, 2023 – Town Commission Workshop Minutes
2. February 22, 2023 – Town Commission Special Meeting Minutes
3. February 22, 2023 – Town Commission Meeting Minutes
4. Consideration of Approval to Invest $5,000 from the Tree Bank to Conduct the Annual Tree Raffle for Lady Lake Residents
C. NEW BUSINESS
D. TOWN ATTORNEY'S REPORT
7. Ordinance 2023-01 – Second and Final Reading – Amending Chapter 2, Article VI, division 3 of the Code of Ordinances for the Town of Lady Lake, Florida, Deleting and Replacing Ordinance 2021-12 in its Entirety (Mike Burske & Aly Herman)
8. Resolution No. 2023-102 – Amending Resolution 2014-101 to reduce the amount that may be dispersed from Reserves to a Restricted Property Purchase Fund based on 50% of the operating and personnel budgets in the General Fund rather than the total annual budget. (Pam Winegardner)
TOWN MANAGER'S REPORT
MAYOR AND COMMISSIONER'S REPORT
This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.