Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, May 1, 2023, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
Call to Order
Rev. Debbie Casanzio — Lady Lake United Methodist Church
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
1. April 17, 2023 — Special Town Commission Meeting Minutes
B. NEW BUSINESS
3. Consideration of Approval to Put the Lady Lake Train Depot and Train Cars Paint Project Out to Bid (Mike Burske)
4. Consideration of Granting an Exemption for Use of the Community Building by the Orange Blossom Garden’s Lion’s Club (Nancy Wilson)
5. Discussion Regarding Lake County’s Request to have Lady Lake Participate in the CDBG Program (Bill Lawrence)
D. TOWN ATTORNEY'S REPORT
6. Ordinance 2023-04 — First Reading — Amending Ordinance 2012-05, Chapter 3, Section 3-2 of the Code of Ordinances Regulating the Time for Sale of Alcoholic and Intoxicating Beverages (Chief Rob Tempesta)
7. Ordinance 2023-03 — Second and Final Reading — Amending the Hammock Oaks Community Development District (CDD) pursuant to Florida Statutes 190.046 and 190.005, encompassing portions of land in Sections 19 and 30, Township 18 South, Range 24 East, Lake County, Florida; Incorporating an additional 271.847 acres, totaling an amended CDD Boundary of 649.655 acres. (Thad Carroll)
TOWN MANAGER'S REPORT
MAYOR AND COMMISSIONER'S REPORT
This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.