Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission Meeting Agenda, November 6, 2023, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
Call to Order
Rabbi Zev Sonnenstein - Temple Shalom of Central Florida
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Yolanta Buchanan, Personal Representative for Paul Hannan’s estate, will present a check to the commission for $2,500, the amount Mr. Hannan bequeathed to the town.
2. Consideration of Approval of the Proportionate Share Mitigation Agreement between The School Board of Lake County, Florida, The Town of Lady Lake, and SK Hammock Oaks, LLC for the Reserve at Hammock Oaks Development. (Thad Carroll)
3. Consideration of Approval of the Proportionate Share Mitigation Agreement between The School Board of Lake County, Florida, The Town of Lady Lake, and Linden Street Development, LLC for the Lady Lake Luxury Apartments. (Thad Carroll)
C. NEW BUSINESS
5. Consideration of Approval for Leesburg to Host the Annual All Stars Soccer Tournament at our Fields at the Rolling Acre Sports Complex on December 9th and 10th and to Waive the Rental Fee in Order to Credit That Amount to Our Teams Participating in the Tournament. (Mike Burske)
6. Lady Lake Reserve — Preliminary Plat Plan — Proposing a total of 111 lots (69 Single Family and 42 Town Homes), on property consisting of approximately 24.75 acres, owned by Carl A. Smith Trustee, with the zoning entitlement of Planned Unit Development (PUD), located on the east side of Rolling Acres Road, lying one mile south of Highway 466. (Thad Carroll)
7. Consideration of Approval for The Villages Center Service Area Water Treatment Plant Number 1 – New Major Site Plan Modification MJSP 09/23-001 – Proposing access driveway improvements, yard piping improvements, and a modification to the Sodium Hypochlorite Systems. (Thad Carroll)
8. Consideration of approval of the Hammock Oaks Multi-Family Apartments development, referenced by MJSP 05 23-002, owned by SK Hammock Oaks, LLC, on property being 23.05 acres, located south of Highway 466 and east of Cherry Lake Road, within the town limits of the Town of Lady Lake, Florida. (Thad Carroll)
D. TOWN ATTORNEY'S REPORT
9. Ordinance No. 2023-16 – First Reading - An Ordinance of the Town of Lady Lake Amending Chapter 2, Article VI, Division 2 of the Code of Ordinances for the Town of Lady Lake, Florida, Setting Forth Procedures for the Use of Town Parks and Facilities and Terms and Conditions of the Use of Town Parks and Facilities, Including Providing for Enforcement and Penalties; Providing for Severability; Providing for Repeal of Conflicting Ordinances; and Providing for an Effective Date. (Mike Burske)
10. Resolution No. 2023-110 – First and Final Reading – Variance - A Resolution Granting a Variance from the Provisions of Chapter 5). Chart 5-2, of the Town of Lady Lake Land Development Regulations Which Requires the Rear Yard Setback to be a Minimum of 20 Feet for All Single-Family Lots Located Within the MF-12 "Multi-Family High-Density Low Rise” Zoning District. The Variance Request is to Allow a Minimum of an 11.8 Foot Rear Yard Setback on Property Owned by Jason and Helen Accurso, Located at 428 Cierra Oaks Circle, within the Town Limits of Lady Lake, Florida. (Thad Carroll)
11. Resolution 2023-111 – First and Final Reading - Variance – Boulevard Oaks Subdivision - Historic Tree Removal – Pursuant to Chapter 10, Section 10-5). c).3).A., of the Land Development Regulations (LDRs) which requires a variance for the removal of historic trees. (Historic trees are classified as a tree with a diameter at breast height (DBH) of 36” or greater). The variance request is to allow for the removal of two viable historic trees located within the property of the proposed Boulevard Oaks Subdivision, owned by Palm Property Partners – Haymaker, LLC, within the town limits of the Town of Lady Lake, Florida. (Thad Carroll)
12. Resolution 2023-112 – First and Final Reading - Variance – Elite RV & Boat Storage MJSP 02/23-001 – Reduction in Required Parking – Chapter 7, Section 7-4). b).4)., of the Land Development Regulations (LDRs) which require one parking space per ten motor vehicle/boat storage stalls. The variance request is for the reduction of the 19 required parking spaces located within the property of the proposed Elite RV & Boat Storage development, owned by Elite RV & Boat Storage Villages, LLC, within the town limits of the Town of Lady Lake, Florida. (Thad Carroll)
TOWN MANAGER'S REPORT
MAYOR AND COMMISSIONER'S REPORT
This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.