Commission Meeting Agenda Item
Consideration of Approval of the 2019 Fall Event Schedule
Parks and Recreation Department
Staff Recommended Motion
Staff recommends approval of the 2019 Fall Event Schedule.
The programs listed are similar to last year. The dates may have changed and the times will be similar, but staff is asking for flexibility with the times as the events have not been formally programmed and the times may need to be changed due to various reasons. (See attached for dates.)
The fall season has six activities that will need the services of the Parks and Recreation Department. Staff will assist the Soccer Association and the Little League. The opening ceremonies have historically been accepted as part of their programming and have not needed approval from the Town if they do not have activities other than the announcing of the teams or the passing out of awards and trophies.
Between the beginning of October and the second Saturday of December, staff will have obligations for many weekends. Needless to say, this is our busiest time of year, but the most fun.
The costs are estimated as follows:
- Historical Society Rummage Sale — $100 for overtime for Parks and Recreation staff
- Halloween Party — $1,000 for supplies and rentals, $400 for overtime for Parks and Recreation staff
- Christmas Parade — $500 to $1,000 for supplies, $800 for overtime for Parks and Recreation staff, and $1,200 for overtime for Police and Public Works staff
- Light-Up-Lady Lake — $4,500 for lights, $500 for overtime for Parks and Recreation staff, and $1,000 for overtime for Police and Public Works staff
- Luminary Night —cancelled due to light pollution
- Soccer Opening Day — No additional cost.
Please note that many of the supplies for these activities are donated, and the Christmas Parade and Light Up Lady Lake events are the most labor intensive. The Not Too Scary Halloween Party will have inflatable activities this year in the form of inflatable obstacle courses and other games.
Total fiscal impact is estimated at up to $9,800.00.
Source of Funding
Lady Lake Budget for 2019-2020
Line Item 001-7201-572-48-00 with a budget of $15,700.00 along with our Overtime Budget with a budget of $7,500.00