Commission Meeting Agenda Item
Agenda Item Title
Consideration of Approval of the 2022-23 Fall and Spring Event Schedule
Agenda Item ID
Parks and Recreation Department
Staff Recommended Motions
Staff Recommends Approval of the 2022-23 Fall and Spring Event Schedule.
The programs listed are similar to last years. The dates may have changed but the times will be similar though staff is asking for flexibility with the times because the events have not been formally programmed and they may need to be changed for various reasons.
The fall season has seven events that will need the services of the Parks and Recreation Department. Staff will assist the Soccer Association and the Little League with activities other than the announcing of teams or the passing out of awards and trophies.
Between the end of September and the second Saturday of December, staff will have obligations for many weekends. Needless to say, this is our busiest time of year, but the most fun.
The costs are estimated as follows:
- Historical Society Rummage Sale — $100 for overtime for Parks and Recreation staff (event moved to Spring)
- Halloween Party — $1,000 for supplies and rentals. $400 for overtime for Parks and Recreation staff
- Chamber’s Classic Car Show and Business Showcase. November 16, 2022 (No cost or O.T.)
- Christmas Parade — $500 to $1,000 for supplies, $800 for overtime for Parks and Recreation staff, and $1,200 for overtime for Police and Public Works staff
- Light-Up-Lady Lake — $7,500 for lights, $500 for overtime for Parks and Recreation staff, and $1,000 for overtime for Police and Public Works staff
- Luminary Night — $300.00 (No staff needed for this event)
- Soccer Opening Day — No additional cost.
- Fireworks (No cost at this point. (Have raised around $35k to date)
Please note that many of the supplies for these activities are donated, and the Christmas Parade and Light Up Lady Lake events are the most labor intensive. The “Not Too Scary Halloween Party” will have inflatable activities this year in the form of inflatable obstacle courses and other games.
Estimated at up to $10,500.00
Source of Funding
Lady Lake Budget for 2022-2023
Line Item 001-7201-572-48-00 with a budget of $37,400.00 along with our Overtime Budget with a budget of $10,500.00
Please see attached memo