Commission Meeting Draft Minutes
Draft Minutes of the October 21, 2019 6 p.m.
The regular meeting of the Lady Lake Town Commission was held in the Commission Chambers at Lady Lake Town Hall, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake, Florida with Mayor Jim Richards presiding. The meeting convened at 6 p.m.
A. Call to Order
Mayor Jim Richards
By Pastor Jeff Findlay of the Chapel of Christian Faith
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
Kris Kollgaard, Town Manager; Derek Schroth, Town Attorney; Thad Carroll, Growth Management Director; C.T. Eagle, Public Works Director; John Pearl, I.T. Director; Chief Rob Tempesta, Deputy Chief Jason Brough, and Lt. Nelson Vargas, Lady Lake Police Department; and Nancy Slaton, Deputy Town Clerk
E. Public Comment
Mayor Richards asked if anyone had any comments. There were no comments.
1. Proclaiming the Week of October 21st to 27th, 2019 as Florida City Government Week (Mayor Richards)
Mayor Richards read the proclamation proclaiming the week of October 21st to 27th, 2019 as Florida City Government Week.
Town Manager Kris Kollgaard noted that the Town will have a booth set up at the Not Too Scary Halloween party this Saturday celebrating Florida City Government Week and will give out candy, stickers stating “Town of Lady Lake — My Town and Proud of it”, as well as Town of Lady Lake license plates.
2. Minutes — October 7, 2019 — Regular Commission Meeting
3. Consideration of Approval of Professional Services Agreement with Maryann Krisovitch for National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Outreach Program Coordination (C.T. Eagle)
4.Consideration of Approval of Proposal from CPWG Engineering for Pavement Management Plan Update Services (C.T. Eagle)
5. Consideration of Approval of Proposal from Stantec Consulting Services, Inc. to Conduct a Utilities Rates and Impact Fees Study (C.T. Eagle)
6. Consideration of Approval of Proposal from Mittauer and Associates, Inc. to Conduct the Wastewater Treatment Plant Reliability Study (C.T. Eagle)
7. Consideration of Approval of Proposal from Mittauer and Associates, Inc. to Conduct the Well # 4 Siting Evaluation Study (C.T. Eagle)
8. Consideration of Approving a Master Services Agreement Between the Town of Lady Lake and the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) (John Pearl)
Mayor Richards asked if any of the Commissioners had any questions regarding the Consent items, and hearing none, asked for a motion.
Commissioner Kussard made a motion to approve Consent Items G-2 through G-8. Commissioner Hannan seconded the motion. The motion passed by a vote of 5 to 0.
H. Old Business
No old business.
I. New Business
9. Green Key Village Phase 3 Replat — Final Plat Plan — Proposing a Replat of 27 Age-Restricted Single-Family Residential Lots on a 7.29-Acre Parcel Zoned PUD within the Green Key Village Development, Located on the North Side of Lake Ella Road, Approximately ½ Mile East of Rolling Acres Road, Addressed as 1635 Lake Ella Road (Thad Carroll)
Growth Management Director Thad Carroll presented the background summary for this agenda item (on file in the Clerk’s Office). He noted that this replat is to correct an error on the plans which showed a ten foot utility setback rather than the five foot setback which was approved by the Commission previously through a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA).
Mayor Richards asked if there were any questions, and hearing none, asked for a vote.
Commissioner Vincent made a motion to approve the Green Key Village Phase 3 Replat — Final Plat Plan as presented. Commissioner Hannan seconded the motion. The motion passed by a vote of 5 to 0.
J. Town Attorney's Report
Town Attorney Derek Schroth stated he had nothing to report this evening.
K. Town Manager's Report
Town Manager Kris Kollgaard stated she wanted the Commissioners to be aware of an agreement just received from the Lake County School District this past Thursday. A copy of the agreement was passed out to each Commissioner. She stated Lake County has requested that the Town sign the Florida Schools Safety Portal Individual User Data Access and Use Agreement regarding school threat assessment. Ms. Kollgaard explained that by signing this agreement, the Town’s police department will have access to criminal justice data. She stated the Town Attorney has reviewed and approved the agreement.
Ms. Kollgaard reminded the Commissioners that the next workshop is scheduled for November 4, 2019.
L. Mayor and Commissioner's Report
Mayor Richards asked if any of the Commissioners had anything to report.
Commissioner Kussard reminded everyone that the Not Too Scary Halloween party is scheduled for this weekend on Saturday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
M. Public Comment
Mayor Richards asked if there were any comments from the audience. There were no comments.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:02 p.m.
Kristen Kollgaard, Town Clerk
Jim Richards, Mayor
Minutes transcribed by Nancy Slaton, Deputy Town Clerk