Commission Meeting Draft Minutes
Draft Minutes of the April 20, 2020 6 pm Commission Meeting
The regular meeting of the Lady Lake Town Commission was held via teleconference with public attendance available in the Commission Chambers at Lady Lake Town Hall, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake, Florida with Mayor Jim Richards presiding. The meeting convened at 6 p.m.
A. Call to Order
Mayor Jim Richards
Moment of Silence
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
|Commissioner (Ward)||Present via Teleconference|
Kris Kollgaard, Town Manager; Derek Schroth, Town Attorney; John Pearl, I.T. Director; Thad Carroll, Growth Management Director; C.T. Eagle, Public Works Director; Mike Burske, Parks and Recreation Director; Pam Winegardner, Finance Director; Maureen Gochee, Human Resource Director; Marsha Brinson, Library Director; Deputy Chief Jason Brough, Lady Lake Police Department; Carol Osborne, Staff Assistant; and Nancy Slaton, Deputy Town Clerk
E. Public Comment
Mayor Richards asked if anyone from the public had any comments. There were no comments.
1. Minutes — April 6, 2020 — Regular Commission Meeting
2. Consideration of Accepting the Lake County Water Authority Stormwater Treatment Grant Funding of a Stormwater Master Plan (C.T. Eagle) (The background summary for this agenda item is on file in the Clerk’s Office.)
3. Consideration of Continuation of Utilizing Option B of the Interlocal Agreement with Lake County for Collection of Storm Debris from Streets and Right of Ways (C.T. Eagle) (The background summary for this agenda item is on file in the Clerk’s Office.)
4. Consideration to Submit a letter to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) Regarding Proposed Amendments to the Comprehensive Plan (Thad Carroll) (The background summary for this agenda item is on file in the Clerk’s Office.)
Mayor Richards asked if there were any questions or comments from the Commissioners. Hearing none, he asked for a motion.
Commissioner Kussard made a motion to approve Consent Items F-1 through F-4. Commissioner Holden seconded the motion. The motion passed by a vote of 5 to 0.
G. Old Business
No old business.
H. New Business
5. Consideration of Water Oak Estates Sales Center Site Improvements — Major Modification to Site Plan MJM 09/19-001 and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) — Proposing to Construct a New 2,900 Square-Foot Administrative Building, a New 2,841-Square-Foot Sales Center Building, Placement and Realignment of Three New Model Homes, Addition of Approximately 16 New Parking Spaces, and Associated Pavers and Amenities; Referenced by Alternate Key 3538951 (Thad Carroll)
Growth Management Director Thad Carroll presented the background summary for this agenda item. He stated that Dan Gibbs, engineer with Atwell, LLC, is present via teleconference if there are any questions.
Mayor Richards asked if there were any questions or comments from the Commissioners or the public.
Commissioner Kussard stated that Mr. Carroll already answered her questions regarding fire testing.
Commissioner Holden stated it looks like a good set up as far as fire protection.
Commissioner Holden made a motion to approve the Water Oak Estates Sales Center Site Improvements — Major Modification to Site Plan MJM 09/19-001 and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). Commissioner Hannan seconded the motion. The motion passed by a vote of 5 to 0.
I. Town Attorney's Report
6. Resolution 2020-102 (First and Final Reading ) — Extension of the Declaration of Local State of Emergency (Kris Kollgaard)
Town Manager Kris Kollgaard read the resolution by title only. She presented the background summary for this agenda item (on file in the Clerk’s Office), stating it is a continuation of the first declaration. Ms. Kollgaard stated the first resolution allowed Public Works Supervisor Ted Williams to order the N-95 masks without having to get three quotes first when he found them available.
Mayor Richards asked if there were any questions or comments from the Commissioners or the public. Hearing none, he asked for a motion.
Upon a motion by Commissioner Kussard and a second by Commissioner Hannan, the Commission approved the first and final reading Resolution 2020-102 by the following roll call vote:
J. Town Manager's Report
Town Manager Kris Kollgaard stated that everyone is doing well, and the Town is still functioning.
Mayor Richards stated he has noticed Public Works cleaning out storm drains around town; still doing their jobs during this time.
K. Mayor and Commissioner's Report
Mayor Richards asked if any of the Commissioners had anything to report. There were no reports.
L. Public Comments
Mayor Richards asked if there were any comments from the audience. There were no comments.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 6:15 p.m.
Kristen Kollgaard, Town Clerk
Jim Richards, Mayor
Minutes transcribed by Nancy Slaton, Deputy Town Clerk