Commission Meeting Agenda
Commission (Special) Meeting Agenda, February 17, 2021, at 6 p.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Please note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the wearing of masks is requested, and seating may be limited as social distancing of any attendees will be required.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
A. Call to Order
By Reverend Debbie Casanzio of the Lady Lake United Methodist Church
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Roll Call
E. Public Comments [i]
- Minutes — February 1, 2021 — Regular Commission Meeting
- Minutes — February 4, 2021 — Special Commission Meeting
- Consideration of Approval for the First Baptist Church of Lady Lake to Host Saxaphonist Dennis Gwizdala at the Log Cabin on Friday, April 16, 2021, at 7 p.m., and for the Parks and Recreation Department to Provide Support for the Concert (Mike Burske)
- Consideration of Approval to Invest $5,000.00 from the Tree Bank to Hold the Annual Tree Raffle for Lady Lake Residents (Mike Burske)
- Consideration of Approval for the Lady Lake Area Chamber of Commerce and the Lady Lake Parks and Recreation Department to Host Art-in-the-Park on January 22nd and 23rd, 2022 (Mike Burske)
G. Old Business
H. New Business
6. Consideration of Approval to Contract with Neel-Schaffer Engineering to Provide Engineering Services for the Proposed Walking Trail on the Town-Owned Property at the Corner of Old Dixie Highway and West Lady Lake Blvd. (Mike Burske)
I. Town Attorney’s Report
8. Ordinance 2020-08 (First Reading) — Tabled from Nov. 2, 2020 & Jan. 20, 2021 — An Ordinance of the Town Commission of Lady Lake, Florida, Adopting the Eleventh Amendment to the Amended Development Order for the Tri-County Villages Development of Regional Impact Lake County (Thad Carroll)
9. Ordinance 2020-09 (First Reading) — Tabled from Nov. 2, 2020 & Jan. 20, 2021 — An Ordinance of the Town of Lady Lake Requesting Amendment of the Planned Commercial “CP” Zoning Classification for Certain Property Owned by the Villages Operating Company; Located in the Vicinity of Main Street, Alvarez Avenue, and Del Mar Drive in Lady Lake, Florida; Providing for a Second Supplemental Agreement to the Regulations of The Village Downtown Center (Thad Carroll)
J. Town Manager’s Report
K. Mayor and Commissioner’s Report
L. Public Comments [i]
i. This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or comments. It is not limited to items on the agenda and it is open to any concern or comments that the public may have.
ii. All items listed under consent are considered routing by the Town Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Town Commissioner so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1501. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286-0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.