Commercial Demoltion Permits
A demolition permit is required prior to the demolition of any structure within the town limits. The following conditions apply to demolition permits:
- A site plan is required showing all structures on the property. Highlight or otherwise indicate the structure(s) to be removed.
- A floor plan, or sketch, of the structure(s) is required showing the room designation and plumbing fixtures.
- The applicant must complete a Building Permit Application along with the Demolition Information Sheet.
- Hazardous materials (including asbestos) must be removed and disposed of properly. Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) notification is required if excessive amounts of asbestos are removed.
- Demolition materials must be removed from the site and disposed of at a landfill or recycling facility.
- A demolition permit is valid for 30 days. A 30 day extension may be granted by the building official for cause.
An Owner/Contractor Disclosure Statement must be signed by an owner or occupant of a residential building acting as their own asbestos abatement contractor.