Commercial Electric and Plumbing Permits
A permit is required prior to starting construction upon any property. To ensure the timeliest processing of your permit application, please review the following checklists and information.
- Completed, signed and notarized Building Permit Application.
- Scope of Work.
- Two copies of plans.
Depending on the scope of work, signed and sealed plans may be required. Please contact the building department regarding what plans will be required for the proposed scope of work.
Contractors and Subcontractors
- Copy of their current State License (and Lake County Competency Card if registered).
- Business Tax Receipt (if applicable).
- Certificate of Certificate of Insurance of General Liability (with the Town of Lady Lake as the certificate holder).
- Workers Compensation or Exemption certificate (with the Town of Lady Lake as the certificate holder).
All insurance certificates must be submitted by the insurance company.
Should the scope of work require the power company to (re)energize the meter, a green tag inspection will be required. If the structure is currently occupied, please contact the building department the business day prior to when the inspection will need to take place.
Once the project has been completed, a Final Electric inspection will need to be scheduled to close the permit.
Should an inspection fail, a $50 reinspection will be due prior to any subsequent inspections taking place.
A recorded Notice of Commencement will be required prior to the first inspection for any projects with a job value over $2,500.