An application for voluntary annexation of land, as authorized in the Florida Statutes, may be initiated by the landowner(s). The completed annexation application, accompanied by the applicable fees, shall be submitted to the Growth Management Department no later than 30 days in advance of a regularly scheduled Technical Review Committee (TRC) meeting in order to be considered at that meeting. The staff may request the assistance of the Town engineering consultant and the Town attorney if needed. The applicant will be informed of the date and time of the TRC meeting for which the application is scheduled.
The annexation application must include the legal description of the property, sketch or survey of the property, proof of ownership and authorization from the owner if represented by an agent or contract purchaser. Only complete applications are accepted.
Notification of Public Hearing
- The Town shall send notice of the proposed annexation to the owners of all adjoining properties within one hundred fifty feet of the subject property, as well as to any owners of the subject property not party to the application, at least two weeks prior to the Planning and Zoning Board hearing. Planning and Zoning Board meetings are held the second Monday of every month.
- At least two weeks prior to the Planning and Zoning Board hearing, signs will be posted on the property to notify the public of the proposed annexation. The signs shall be spaced, at a minimum, along all public road frontages, with a minimum of one sign per five hundred feet along any one frontage.
- The Town shall have the notice of public hearing published in a newspaper of general circulation within the Town once each week for two consecutive weeks with the last advertisement ten days prior to the final reading of the ordinance at the Town Commission meeting. Notice shall also be posted in a conspicuous location at the Town Hall, and may be posted at other public locations at the discretion of the Town.
- All submittals shall be reviewed by the TRC and recommendations shall be made to the Planning and Zoning Board.
- The Planning and Zoning Board shall consider every annexation at a public hearing and make recommendations to the Town Commission.
- The Town Commission shall consider recommendations of the Planning and Zoning Board before taking action.
For further information, please contact the Planning and Zoning Department.
Planning and Zoning
409 Fennell Blvd.
Lady Lake, FL. 32159
Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.