Small-Scale FLU Amendment
- A proposed amendment involving a residential land use may not exceed a density of the units per acre.
- The proposed amendment does not require an amendment to the Urban Service Area boundary.
- The proposed amendment does not involve the same owner’s property within 150 feet of property granted a change within the prior twelve months.
- The proposed amendment cannot involve a change to the goals, policies, objectives or text of the Comprehensive Plan.
- Small scale amendment applications will only be accepted until the 120-acre cumulative total is reached.
In addition, staff may determine on a case-by-case basis, which amendments need to be processed as part of the regular amendment cycle.
Applications for small scale amendment accepted Monday through Thursday from 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM. One notarized and eight copies of the application, eight sets of any required exhibits and any attachments, together with an application fee of $1,300.00 (checks made payable to the Town of Lady Lake) or $2,500.00 when combined with a rezoning application, must be filed with the Growth Management Department, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake, Florida. All requests for a fee waiver must be formally approved by the Town of Lady Lake Commission.
Eight copies will be required of the following:
- The complete legal description of the property and portion thereof that the amendment is being requested for, typed on a separate sheet of paper.
- Certified survey of the subject property or a County Property Appraiser's map illustrating the exact parcel may be accepted in lieu of a survey.
- Vicinity map depicting the subject property and major roadways.
- For property within flood-prone areas, include Flood Insurance Rate Map, Flood Hazard Boundary Map or other information for determining suitability for development.
- Attach justification statement and appropriate data and analysis to support the requested change including, but not limited to, adjacent land use compatibility; availability of sanitary sewer and potable water; why the amendment is consistent with and furthers various objectives or policies of the Comprehensive Plan; existing traffic or environmental studies; and any other information which supports this request.
- Attach a listing of property owners within 150 feet of the subject property. The list may be obtained from the Lake County Property Appraisers Office or you may get the information from the Lake County GIS website at lakecountyfl.gov.
Additional Application Information
- Applicants are requested to seek a pre-application conference with the Community Development staff to discuss the content and format of the amendment proposal. Acceptance of an application for an amendment to the CP should not be construed as staff support of the amendment request. Please contact the Growth Management Department at 352-751-1555 to schedule an appointment.
- Small scale amendments require two public hearings for adoption. The Local Planning Agency (LPA) public hearing and the Lady Lake Commission public hearing. A flow chart of the small scale process is attached to this application.
- Applications for a comprehensive plan amendment which were previously not transmitted or adopted by the Town of Lady Lake Commissioners cannot be reconsidered for a period of two years of that action.
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment does not guarantee or entitle the applicant/owner to a development permit.
- The current owner of the subject property must sign the application. Agents must submit the attached Agent Authorization Form.
- Only one contiguous development per application for a Future Land Use Map amendment will be accepted. Contiguous property can be submitted on one application upon authorization of all property owners.
- Upon review of the submitted application, the Growth Management Department may find an application incomplete and request that the applicant resubmit the application with clarification or additional information. Resubmitted applications or additional information are due within 15 working days of notice from the Growth Management Department unless special permission is granted by the Growth Management Director, or his/her designee, to accommodate special or lengthy requests.
- Application fees shall be refunded only if an application is withdrawn upon request of either the property owner or agent prior to the first public notice of hearing.
- The following shall be exempted from the payment of the amendment fee: Lake County, the Lake County School Board, the State of Florida, the United States of America, municipalities situated wholly within the boundaries of the County and established transportation authorities. Others may request a fee waiver from the Lady Lake Commission through a request to the Growth Management Director.
- The applicant and those he or she represents in this amendment are hereby put on notice that approval of this application by the Lady Lake Commission, which is then challenged by an affected party, is not "effective" until a final order determining the adopted amendment to be in compliance is issued by the Department of Community Affairs or the Administration Commission. Therefore, the applicant and those he/she represent are hereby put on notice that there shall be no reliance on, and, the Town shall not be responsible for any reliance on an approval of this application until it is "effective", pursuant to law. Amendments which are not challenged are effective thirty-one days after adoption. The Town does not issue any development orders (e.g., rezoning).
- Applicants are required to place a notice of public hearing poster on the property involved in this amendment request prior to the public hearings. The Growth Management Department will prepare the poster for posting. The Growth Management Department provides public hearing notices to property owners within 150 feet of property subject to an amendment.
- Dependent upon the type of amendment request, the applicant may be required to participate in a neighborhood meeting(s) in order to provide additional information and notice to surrounding residents about the proposed development.
Planning & Zoning
409 Fennell Blvd.
Lady Lake, FL. 32159
Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.