Grand Opening Sign Permits
Grand Opening Regulations
- All commercial, industrial, public and quasi-public uses and mixed-use developments (commercial combined with multi-family residential) will be allowed to display a grand opening event with a valid permit.
- Signage for a grand opening event will be permitted for a period not to exceed 30 days and will only be issued to a new business or existing business relocating to an entirely new location.
- The display must occur within the first 60 days following Certificate of Occupancy issuance or three months of a new business relocation. Changes in ownership of an existing business shall not be entitled to apply for a Grand Opening Sign application.
- Grand Opening signage shall not be located in the right-of-way of any public street or within five feet of any property line and each single sign shall not exceed 32 square feet.
- Signage shall not obscure building address numbers, be displayed on a roof top, extend vertically above the fascia of a building, or encroach into fire lanes. Moreover, Town shall not be liable for temporary sign options that are not securely placed.
- Allowable signs per each Grand Opening event may include a combination of and not to exceed a maximum of three sign options.
- Banner – A banner attached to a building where the banner lies flat against the building surface at all times.
2. Pennants and Streamers – An individual object or series of small objects made of lightweight plastic, fabric or other material, which may or may not contain text, which is suspended from or twined around a rope, wire or string.
a) Streamers: hung on wall
b) Pennants: strung together in front of façade
3. Balloon(s) – A spherical, flexible, non-porous bag inflated with air or gas lighter than air, such as helium, and intended to float in the air.
4. Rigid Portable Sign – A sign which is not permanently affixed and designed for or capable of movement. A rigid portable sign is not considered to be a portable reader-board or “trailer sign”.
5. Feather Flag – A tall, upright sign which is temporarily placed in the ground using a stake. The flag is rigid on one vertical side, giving the sign a feather-like appearance.
409 Fennell Blvd.
Lady Lake, FL. 32159
Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.