A permit is required prior to the installation or construction a permanent storage shed.
- Completed, signed and notarized Building Permit Application.
- Site Plan or survey showing all impervious surfaces, existing buildings, distances to lot lines, etc.
- Copies of DCA approved plans, including approval letter and anchoring diagram (two sets), if shed is DCA approved.
- Detailed construction plans signed and sealed (wet or raised seal only) by an engineer or architect using the most current building codes (three sets), if built onsite.
- Park approval (if property is in rental mobile home park).
- Contractors and subcontractors must supply the following:
- Copy of their current State License (and Lake County Competency Card if registered).
- Business Tax Receipt (if applicable).
- Certificate of Certificate of Insurance of General Liability (with the Town of Lady Lake as the certificate holder).
- Workers Compensation or Exemption certificate (with the Town of Lady Lake as the certificate holder).
All insurance certificates must be submitted by the insurance company directly to The Town of Lady Lake via fax at 352-751-1514.
When the complete permit package has been submitted, the plans will be routed to the appropriate plans reviewer, if applicable. Once the plans have been approved, the permit will then be processed in the order in which it was received. At this time, all fees will be calculated and all pertinent information will be entered. Additional information may also be requested at this time.
No inspections will be performed without a certified copy of the recorded Notice of Commencement received by the Building Department. Inspections are to be called in before 4:00 p.m. on the business day prior to the day inspection is needed 352-751-1515. Inspections are conducted Monday- Friday with the exception of any national holidays.
If an inspection should fail, re-inspection fees will be assessed at $50 each. Once the fee is paid the contractor can reschedule the inspection for the following day. We will not perform a same day inspection. All re-inspection fees must be paid before any subsequent inspections.