Administrative Assistant to Human Resources
Professional work in the administration of the Human Resources Department. Performs a wide range of personnel duties within a procedural framework set up by the Human Resources Department including hiring, preparing job descriptions, and preparation of various reports.
The hourly range is $18.23-$29.17. It is a non-exempt position.
The Town provides 100% paid employee health insurance, dental insurance, long-term disability, life, and accidental death insurance. The Town also provides 50% paid dependent health insurance, a 401a retirement plan that is fully vested after three years, paid time off, and paid holidays. Employees have the option of purchasing additional life insurance, short-term disability insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and vision insurance at reduced rates.
This position will remain open until filled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Posts and advertises job openings and vacancy announcements. Receives and reviews employment applications. Coordinates applicant interviews and recommends qualified candidates to various departments for selection. Conducts background and reference checks in pre-hiring process.
- Answers questions from prospective job applicants regarding current openings, job requirements and procedures. Accepts and tracks job applications for posted vacancies.
- Conducts new hire orientation; monitors receipt of all pre-employment paperwork, including benefit and retirement enrollment and schedules safety orientations.
- Receives and reviews all internal and external inquiries regarding Town policies, procedures, and programs administered by the Human Resource Department.
- Performs research, recruitment, retention, training, and compliance functions. Maintains and updates personnel policies, databases, and procedures.
- Process all exit interviews for terminations and employee separation notices including information to the COBRA administrator.
- Administers all facets of the Federal Governments FMLA procedures as well as process employee FMLA paperwork.
- Departmental record keeping and records retention in accordance with Florida state law.
- Prepares (PAF’s) in coordination with transfers, promotions, annual evaluations, and separations for Manager’s approval.
- Orders and assists in the maintenance and inventory of office supplies and the preparation of purchase orders.
- Assists the Director of Human Resources by performing job related designated tasks assigned including open enrollment.
- Assists with resolving billing issues on benefits as needed in Finance.
- Input, update, and maintain employees in various benefits systems.
- Coordinate, manage, and maintain wellness programs to reduce health risk, medical costs, and encourage healthy lifestyles; and track wellness program activities to ensure employees are receiving points and wellness days off.
- Plan and coordinate the Town of Lady Lake Annual Health Fair.
- Active member on the Safety Committee.
- Provides coverage when needed in various departments.
- Knowledge of business English and spelling.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Computers.
- Ability to learn the policies, procedures, and functions of governmental personnel work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to greet and present information to the public in a mature, pleasant manner.
- Ability to gain knowledge of all departmental functions.
- Ability to pay attention to detail,
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to learn various state and federal laws pertaining to Human Resources,
- Ability to work with other employees and the public in a tactful, diplomatic manner,
- Some travel may be required.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) equivalency.
- Must have at least two years’ general clerical experience.
- Must be proficient in various software programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
- Possession of valid Florida driver’s license
Essential Physical Skills
- Ability to type accurately.
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and telephonically.
- Ability to enter data utilizing a computer.
- Ability to access file cabinets for filing and retrieval of documents.
- Ability to sit at a desk and view a display screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to visit other Town buildings and locations for employee-related issues.
All positions are regular full time unless stated otherwise. Employment applications for vacant positions may be submitted at Town Hall or by email. Each application must include the position title, and each position requires a separate application.
All submitted materials are subject to public disclosure by the Florida Public Records Act. The Town is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
409 Fennell Blvd.
Lady Lake, FL. 32159
Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.