Administrative Assistant to Library Director
Under the direction of the Library Director, performs a variety of administrative tasks to facilitate the consistent operation of the administrative office.
This position pays an hourly rate of $18.23. It is a non- exempt position.
The Town provides 100% paid employee health insurance, dental insurance, long-term disability, life and accidental death insurance. The Town also provides 50% paid dependent health insurance, 401a Defined Contribution -Town Contributes 6%, paid time off, and paid holidays. Employees have the option of purchasing additional life insurance, short-term disability insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and vision insurance at reduced rates.
This position will remain open until filled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in sorting and distributing the mail.
- Operates office machines such as computers, copier, scanners, and printers.
- Responsible for the maintenance and inventory of office supplies and the preparation of purchase orders for these supplies.
- Keeps current of new technological procedures, processes, and equipment.
- Responsible for processing of invoices and posting in library ledger book. Responsible for the management of vendor accounts, including any questions, issues, quotes, etc.
- Assists with circulation duties: check out, check in, patron registrations, basic reference inquires, placing patron holds and shelving.
- Ability to assist in adult and youth services and provide technical support to patrons.
- Compiles and organizes weekly, monthly, and yearly statistics.
- Produces a variety of materials including correspondence, reports, newsletters, and updates to building policies and procedural manuals
- Assists the Director with the preparation of Library Advisory Board documents and provides support for Board meetings.
- Maintains the general filing system and files all correspondence as assigned.
- Assists with marketing activities that promote library programs and activities.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the Director.
- Saturday and evening hours may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of Dewey Decimal call numbers.
2. Ability to type 50 words per minute accurately.
3. Ability to perform tasks accurately according to established guidelines.
4. Ability to use continual manual dexterity in processing and repairing of book materials and covers.
Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) equivalency and
2. Completion of two years of college with courses in Library Services; or
3. Two years experience in responsible clerical setting preferably in a library.
4. Two years experience as an office assistant or office manager.
Essential Physical Skills
1. Ability to move at least 25 pounds.
2. Ability to lift at least 15 pounds.
3. Ability to communicate with individuals in person and telephonically.
Indoors in a library technical service area.
All positions are regular full time unless stated otherwise. All interested applicants must submit an application and resume to the Human Resources. All submitted materials are subject to public disclosure by the Florida Public Records Act. The Town is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
409 Fennell Blvd.
Lady Lake, FL. 32159
Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.