Director of Library and Information Services
Responsible administrative and supervisory work in directing the activities and operations of the Town’s Library.
This position pays a salary of $71,510.40 to $100,000, depending on qualifications. It is an exempt position. This position reports to the Town Manager.
The Town provides 100% paid employee health insurance, dental insurance, long-term disability, life and accidental death insurance. The Town also provides 50% paid dependent health insurance, 401a Defined Contribution, paid time off, and paid holidays. Employees have the option of purchasing additional life insurance, short-term disability insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and vision insurance at reduced rates.
This position will remain open until filled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs professional and administrative duties in planning, developing, implementing and directing public library services for the Town of Lady Lake Library. These duties include budget preparation, evaluation, personnel, collection development, community relations and facility maintenance.
- Prepares all budgets for library. Reviews and approves all orders and requests, maintains fiscal controls of library expenditures.
- Responsible for hiring, training and supervising all library personnel. Makes work arrangements and training for the staff and prepares work schedules. Evaluates personnel, disciplines employees if necessary.
- Recommends policy on hours of operation, fines, fees and other public regulations for approval by the Town. Works in conjunction with the Lake County Library System on policies and procedures that included all Lake County libraries.
- Organizes, supervises, and evaluates all library services and programs. Works in conjunction with the Lake County Library System on countywide programs and services.
- Develops and coordinates the library’s automation systems and computer databases in conjunction with the Lake County Library System. Maintains the Lady Lake Library wireless network.
- Maintains statistics and reports regarding library operations, as needed.
- Handles problems that occur with patrons and staff. Oversees all maintenance and repair work of the library facility.
- Manages and supervises the usage of the Library meeting rooms. Establishes policies and procedures, rental rates, and all other criteria needed for use of the meeting rooms. Supervises staff on reservation procedures and contract paperwork.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university and a bachelor’s degree in Library Science from a university accredited by the American Library Association. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
- At least four years of library experience, including experience at a supervisory level.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of professional library service.
- Knowledge of library organization and operations.
- Knowledge of reference sources, print and online.
- Knowledge of cataloging procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of public library service operations.
- Knowledge of library automation procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of reader interest levels.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, volunteers and library patrons, in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to deal with details regarding library materials.
- Ability to deal with diverse elements simultaneously.
- Ability to understand and apply library policies and procedures.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to plan and assign work to para-professional and clerical library staff.
- Ability to train and instruct library personnel.
- Ability to operate all library electronic equipment including computers, audio-visual equipment, etc.
Essential Physical Skills
- Ability to operate automation equipment.
- Ability to move at least 35 pounds.
- Good balance.
- Ability to lift a least 15 pounds.
- Ability to reach, bend, and walk.
- Ability to communicate with individuals in person and telephonically.
All positions are regular full time unless stated otherwise. Employment applications for vacant positions may be submitted at Town Hall or by email. Each application must include the position title, and each position requires a separate application.
All submitted materials are subject to public disclosure by the Florida Public Records Act. The Town is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
409 Fennell Blvd.
Lady Lake, FL. 32159
Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.