Human Resources Director
Responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing, and monitoring effective and efficient programs for assessing risk and minimizing loss to the Town of Lady Lake. Professional work in the administration, management and direction of the Human Resources Department for the Town. Works under the direction of the Town Manager with considerable independence and initiative within established policies and procedures.
This position pays a salary of $71,510.40 annually. It is an exempt position.
The Town provides 100% paid employee health insurance, dental insurance, long-term disability, life and accidental death insurance. The Town also provides 50% paid dependent health insurance, 401a Defined Contribution, paid time off, and paid holidays. Employees have the option of purchasing additional life insurance, short-term disability insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and vision insurance at reduced rates.
This position will remain open until filled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Performs research, recruitment, retention, training and compliance functions. Maintains and updates personnel policies and procedures.
- Negotiates, coordinates and maintains benefit programs.
- Conducts new hire orientation on the benefit side to ensure employee submits proper documentation needed as well as verify enrollment applications are complete, accurate and follow applicable policies and laws before implementation.
- Compile employee statistics for State and Government Reports, EE04 reporting and maintain compliance with Dept. of Transportation for Random Drug screening requirements.
- Review and evaluate proper insurance coverage required by Town for specific events and functions between the Town and others to identify liability exposure.
- Works closely with the Town’s Public Entity Pool in regards to accident reporting, property and casualty claims, and potential litigation processes.
- Attends mandatory Board of Directors and Health Trust Meetings.
- Administers all facets of the Town’s workers’ compensation program, including the return-to-work process and ensuring Town compliance with state regulations regarding benefits, record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Assemble and administer the Town’s Annual Insurance Renewal Application to Underwriter.
- Receives, investigates and resolves employee issues such as grievance and internal complaints.
- Research, creates, and administers performance review program on a probationary and annual basis. Including recommending changes as needed following established guidelines.
- Administers all progressive disciplinary action up to and including employment termination.
- Process all exit interviews for terminations and employee separation notices including information to the COBRA administrator.
- Research, updates, and administers departmental structure including organizational charts, and recommended salary increases.
- Receives and reviews all internal and external inquiries regarding Town policies, procedures, and programs administered by the Human Resource Department.
- Compiles all documentation and facts for submittal to the Office of Unemployment Compensation for determination and hearings and appeals.
- Administers all facets of the Federal Governments FMLA procedures as well as process employee FMLA paperwork.
- Negotiates, Coordinates, and maintains current PBA Labor Contract in coordination with the Town Manager and Finance Department.
- Works closely with Labor and Employment Attorney.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
- Knowledge of Department of Labor Regulations and FLSA Laws.
- Knowledge of worker’s compensation laws and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical, dental, and life insurance policies and their coverage options.
- Knowledge of Agreements and Contract negotiations.
- Knowledge of personnel practices and procedures.
- Ability to analyze patterns and trends pertaining to the aspects of risk management.
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to think clearly and use proper judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work with and maintain a professional relationship with employees, agents, and public entities.
- Ability to perform with little direct supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate through composition of letters, and oral presentations.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and PeopleManager Software.
- Some travel may be required.
Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
- Possession of valid Florida driver’s license.
- Florida Public Human Resources (FPPA) Certification an asset, but not required.
- Risk Management for Public Entities (RMPE) Certification an asset but not required.
- Professional in Human Resources/Senior Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) Certification an asset, but not required.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) equivalency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- At least five years of experience in Personnel Administration.
Essential Physical Skills
- Ability to communicate with individuals in person and telephonically.
- Ability to access, input and retrieve information from a computer.
- Ability to access file cabinets for filing and retrieval of data.
- Ability to visit other Town buildings and locations for employee related issues.
All positions are regular full time unless stated otherwise. Employment applications for vacant positions may be submitted at Town Hall or by email. Each application must include the position title, and each position requires a separate application.
All submitted materials are subject to public disclosure by the Florida Public Records Act. The Town is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
409 Fennell Blvd.
Lady Lake, FL. 32159
Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.