Public Works Lead Operator - Streets and Facilities
Skilled manual work in the performance of laboring tasks.
This position pays a salary of $32,344 annually. It is a non-exempt position.
The Town provides 100% paid employee health insurance, dental insurance, long-term disability, life and accidental death insurance. The Town also provides 50% paid dependent health insurance, a 401a retirement plan that is fully vested after three years, paid time off, and paid holidays. Employees have the option of purchasing additional life insurance, short-term disability insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and vision insurance at reduced rates.
This position will remain open until filled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Loads and unloads heavy material from trucks. Moves equipment and large bulky objects. Performs custodial duties. Maintains storm water systems.
- Operates light, medium and heavy equipment. Operates bush hog, tractors, and bucket truck.
- Performs minor repair and services equipment.
- Performs skilled trade tasks including electrical work, plumbing, mechanical repairs, construction and maintenance work.
- Maintains log of daily operations activities.
- Performs on-call duties when needed.
- Manage and supervise staff in day-to-day activities.
- Trim trees from varying heights.
- Demonstrate working knowledge with blue prints.
- Report all parts and tools needed to perform duties to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used in construction and maintenance, and perform minor repairs.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards connected with laboring work.
- Knowledge of proper street sign installation.
- Knowledge of traffic and work zone safety, as necessary to ensure safe working conditions and procedures.
- Skill in using hand tools.
- Ability to learn new methods of operating and maintaining equipment and tools.
- Ability to understand, follow and give instruction.
- Ability to perform manual labor and to operate construction equipment.
- Ability to perform basic electrical and plumbing tasks.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to complete mathematical functions needed to complete tasks.
- Ability to perform general repair and maintenance of interior/exterior of facilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, senior staff, and the general public.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) equivalency.
- At least three years’ experience in the operation of light, medium and heavy construction equipment in maintenance or related field.
- At least one-year supervisory experience.
- Must have a State of Florida Class “B” CDL with air brakes endorsement.
- Work Zone Safety Certification or the ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
Essential Physical Skills
- Must be able to operate construction equipment.
- Ability to move (45 pounds or over).
- Ability to pull, push, walk, stand, kneel, bend, balance, and stoop.
- Ability to climb step ladder.
- Effectively and efficiently operate equipment as needed.
All positions are regular full time unless stated otherwise. Employment applications for vacant positions may be submitted online, at Town Hall or by email. Each application must include the position title, and each position requires a separate application.
All submitted materials are subject to public disclosure by the Florida Public Records Act. The Town is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.