The Systems Analyst performs professional and technical work ensuring the efficient implementation, operation and maintenance of the Town’s enterprise software. This position is responsible for project and change management including configuration, integration, and optimization of business applications and processes supporting multiple Town departments. This position will also provide regularly scheduled training and help desk support for staff.
This position reports to the Information Technology Director.
This position pays a salary of $58,822.40 to $94,140.80 annually. It is an exempt position.
The Town provides 100% paid employee health insurance, dental insurance, long-term disability, life and accidental death insurance. The Town also provides 50% paid dependent health insurance, a 401a retirement plan that is fully vested after three years, paid time off, and paid holidays. Employees have the option of purchasing additional life insurance, short-term disability insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and vision insurance at reduced rates.
This position will remain open until filled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide accurate business process mapping and workflow analysis.
- Evaluate business process efficiency and user needs. Elicit requirements and translate them into an effective plan for process improvement.
- Create specifications from which vendor systems will be programmed and configured.
- Develop and manage project schedules, milestones and deliverables. Ensure adherence to project budget and scope.
- Ensure effective project communication. Recommend and coordinate approvals for modifications to project plans. Prepare and present activity and progress reports to the Steering Committee, Town Manager and elected officials.
- Provide technical oversight of system configuration, implementation and maintenance.
- Develop and conduct testing plans to ensure system changes meet defined specifications, standards and user needs.
- Manage vendor service levels. Ensure prompt resolutions and responsive support.
- Provide or coordinate training for staff for enterprise application software. Develop and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Create custom reports using SQL and SQL-style query tools.
- Provide a continual assessment of current and future enterprise application needs.
- Perform related work as required.
- Background in project and change management with a preference for experience in municipal government.
- Knowledge of municipal business operations and procedures including, accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, performance management, purchasing, timekeeping, employee benefits, human resources, and payroll.
- Knowledge of municipal community operations and procedures including, permitting, planning and zoning, code enforcement and business licensing.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to conduct analysis and design of business processes from end to end with a cross-functional perspective.
- Knowledge of enterprise database management systems.
- Ability to implement an effective software quality assurance program.
- Ability to teach technical ideas to a non-technical audience and to present information in written, oral and multi-media formats to individuals and small groups.
- Ability to provide direction with correspondence, memos, and other documentation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships.
- Ability to lead small teams and work independently with general direction.
Education and Experience
- Any combination of education, training and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the areas outlined in this job description.
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Must obtain NCIC certification following employment.
Essential Physical Skills
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position included color vision, close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Works inside in an office environment.
- May be required to assist the Town in the preparation for and aftermath of a major emergency such as a hurricane or other disaster.
All positions are regular full time unless stated otherwise. Employment applications for vacant positions may be submitted online, at Town Hall or by email. Each application must include the position title, and each position requires a separate application.
All submitted materials are subject to public disclosure by the Florida Public Records Act. The Town is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.